Emergency scan tomorrow!

xCherylx

Pregnant and Mum of 1
Reaction score
This morning from around 9:30am I had a few stabbing pains low down and throughout the day it has progressed to a constant pain and frequent stabbing pains. After calling the doctor and being put through to the hospital they booked me for an early scan tomorrow morning. I hope all is ok as I have had no bleeding but feeling extremely anxious. I will update you all as soon as I know.

Thinking of you hun I hope things are ok xx

I hope all goes well :) I've had all sorts of pains and cramps throughout. Also had an emergency scan due to spotting and all was well. I hope it goes well for you today. Thinking of you :hugs:

At the scan this morning the sac appeared empty but they said it was maybe because it's too early? (Has anyone had this?)
Also after having bloods and examinations they said because the pain is on one side it may be eptopic pregnancy. I have to go back Sunday for all the same again and see if there is any difference. If anyone has had similar things please let me know, feeling very alone and anxious atm. OH thinks from the way they were talking it sounds like eptopic but they can't see it yet.

I'm sorry your scan has left you with lots of uncertainties.

At 6 weeks and 4 days, it is possible that you just wouldn't see anything yet in the sac. Like if you were a few days out it would be very difficult to see and depending on the amount of HCG etc.

Did they do your HCG levels? I went in at 6w2days and they did my HCG to gauge how much they should be able to see on average sort of thing.

Wishing you lots of luck for Sunday xx

I had an empty sac at 6+1 w/ hcg over 18,000 and measuring a few days behind (completely caught up to where he/she should be by 7+4). If your dates could be off, even just a tiny bit, it's absolutely possible.

I hope your scan on Sunday goes well and that you get good news. Thinking of you and please keep us posted. We're here for you if you need support or someone to talk to in the meantime :hugs:

Keep us updated! I would definitely like to know the outcome, I have had constant cramping in my low right pelvic/ovary region as well, is the pain better when you move or sit? I went in to my ob today just because I was worried because it's literally a constant pain, they did a scan but I'm only 4 weeks do of course they couldn't see anything so they're currently running a 48 hr beta

Hey hun. I had an ectopic scare with my current pregnancy. I was in and out of ultrasounds till they found out what was going on. At my previous appointment they said they saw a Gestational sac and "thought" they saw a yolk sac but couldnt confirm it because they said i was only measuring 4 weeks. (i should have been at least 5 weeks or 7 weeks based on my LMP) anyways i just had my "conclusion" viability scan this past Monday, and there was a baby with a HB of 177 and based on them saying i was 4 weeks at my previous appt i should have been 7 weeks at this appt on monday, but baby was 8 weeks 3 days! Everything turned out ok although baby is measuring 2 weeks behind my LMP date (which is perfectly ok). I think baby was just a slow starter but is catching right up!

I will keep my FX for you and hope all turns out well for you too! :hugs:

its very possible that the sac "will" appear empty if its just by a few days out, theres a very fine borderline of when they will see a baby and even at 6weeksish you'll be lucky to just see a fetal pole and a flickering heartbeat. Just depends on how big the sac is etc

also not sure why there still questioning ectopic if there seen the sac (I'm guessing in the uterus?)

I must say I've had loads of stabbing pains, pulls etc... the worst has been the pulling of my c-section scar "OUCH"

hopefully everything turns out well x

Yes it makes me wonder too as an ectopic pregnancy there would be no gestational sac able to be seen. So if they did an ultrasound on the uterus and saw the sac, then baby is in the right place and just isnt big enough to be seen yet.

I was thinking the same about it being ectopic. There wouldn't be a sack of any kind. I really don't think you have to worry about an ectopic. Fingers crossed they see something on Sunday. Good luck!

The nurse said it could be a pseudo sac, but the confusion comes that they go on my lmp which would make me 5 weeks tomorrow but they take it I'm 7 and there should be a hb. I have another scan, examination and bloods tomorrow so I'll update you all then :)

Im not sure why they are going based on you being 7 weeks if your lmp puts you at 5 weeks. If you are indeed 5 weeks that would explain why its only a sac right now as you wont see more until a bit longer. Looks like they are the ones confusing things lol. Well hopefully it all gets sorted out.

Ok I messed that up a little, I mean that they go on LMP which is 2 weeks more than conception date.
LMP would make me 6w 5d
Conception date would make me 4w 5d
I'm guessing this is why the sac still appears empty? I really hope so?

I would say there's still hope that something might pop up in the sac in the next week. I remember a girl posting here recently who saw nothing until she was over 7 weeks. Fingers crossed for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->