Emergency scan tomorrow!

Here's the thread. Her baby didn't show up until 7w1d

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...hted-ovum-empty-20-mm-sac-6-2-50-000-hcg.html

Yes i would stay there is hope...most times its pointless to perform an ultrasound scan before 8weeks as often nothing will show up until 7-8 weeks. And sometimes drs or sonographers make uneccessary worry on the mothers to be by how they say things. Im sure by your next scan baby will have shown up with a nice hb.

Here's the thread. Her baby didn't show up until 7w1d

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...hted-ovum-empty-20-mm-sac-6-2-50-000-hcg.html

This and if you google Misdiagnosed Miscarriage. There's a blog where there a HUGE list where people sent their info in showing they had an empty sac with high hcg levels only to find a baby with a heartbeat a few days to a few weeks later.

Also, if going by your conception date you were 4+5, then it's definitely early. I really think there's still hope that you'll find a thriving bean in there in another week or two :hugs:

Also even with conception, its all up to when implantation takes place. For some they implant later than normal causing the baby to be behind a bit in the dates. That is why often many people get put back a bit once they have a dating scan.

Hi. Hope all goes well at your next scan. I have a viability scan on Monday due to bleeding. Not too sure what to expect as it's so early. Mainly just feeling scared. Also no idea what to tell work.

Hugs. I had a scan at 5w1d and only saw the gestational sac after being referred thinking possible ectopic. The did my hcg which came up at 2850 then 24h later 5700. I'm still worried about it being a blighted ovum and have a scan on Thursday. I should be 7w1d so praying we see something. I wish you all the best of luck. I know how stressed you will feel. Hugs x

Thanks for all your replies, I only had bloods taken today and still waiting for results to be phoned through to me. 9 hours later... :( think I might phone them soon lol but OH won't let me :p

So much for phoning me later to tell me the bloods results...
Its now 11 hours later so I decided to call and see if there was any news and the department is closed :( Now I have a bad night sleep ahead full of worry. Really disappointed they didn't call.

Uuurrgggg just read your thread, so sorry you re going through this stress. Just wanted to share that I had something similar happen. I ve had 3 mc and at about 6weeks I had a tiny drop of blood so of course I freaked out n went straight to a private place for a scan..the tech saw a sac which appeared to be completely empty..she checked again n again confident that there was nothing there. She told me things weren't looking good. I cried like crazy n called my doc who demanded it went in to see him right away. Half an hour later not only did I see my bean but also saw a nice hb flickering. Really hope you get some good news soon!

Thanks chistiana for telling me your experience, how come they couldn't pick it up in the first place? Was it the machine or something?

So sorry they didn't call. :-( are you having another blood test in 48h to check levels increasing or another ultrasound x

Had a blood test Friday and one today, just waiting for the results.

I hope they get back in touch with you soon x

so after calling all morning I finally got through at 12! Bloods are clear and hormone levels have doubled so it's good news in that respect. Have to go in next Monday when I'll be 6 weeks for a scan. Hoping to see baby's heartbeat and make sure it's in the right place :)

That's great news. I hope this week goes quick for you. It's tough waiting but stay strong x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->