Emergency scan

Jamiesmummy22

Reaction score
Apologies for the lengthy post.
Last weekend I ended up in A+E with really bad back pain and cramping on my right side and some pink spotting. They looked me over sent me home and the early pregnancy unit called me the following day saying there was no need to see me as it all seemed normal.

Last night I had some more pink spotting with no pain however I was worried so I called the early pregnancy unit this morning and the scheduled me in for a scan this afternoon.

Findings of my scan both internal and abdominal were a huge cyst on my right ovary, a yolk sac measuring 6 weeks exactly and a fetal heartbeat flickering away. My worry is going by my last period on the 11th July, I should be 8 wks 2d but they say I’m measuring 6 weeks. I’m super confused... do they mean I had my period 6 weeks ago? because that doesn’t add up or do they mean that’s when I conceived because 6 weeks ago I would of been ovulating? Sorry if this sounds stupid I am not really great at wording things. I have to go back in 2 weeks time for another scan to check baby has grown and hopefully cyst has decreased or gone by then. I’m now really worried and anxious about the dates... hoping and praying I just have the dates wrong. Has anyone else been through similar with positive outcomes? x

Heart beat is a good sign!

You would be 8 weeks from your period if you have a 28 day cycle. My cycles were much longer... so I always took my dates from two weeks prior to ovulation and that usually matched up with my dating scan.

Do you know if you ovulated on cycle day 14? If it was later, that would explain why you're only measuring 6 weeks.

Thanks. It was reassuring seeing the heartbeat. Ah that makes sense. My cycles vary between 32 days to 35 days each month. I do have irregular cycles but I’m usually 4w 3d though some months it can be longer sometimes 5 weeks or more... but 4w 3d is what it’s been for a good few months in a row. I think I ovulated between 27th to the 30th july can’t say exact date but I never ovulate bang on 14 days it’s always over that x

Thanks. It was reassuring seeing the heartbeat. Ah that makes sense. My cycles vary between 32 days to 35 days each month. I do have irregular cycles but I’m usually 4w 3d though some months it can be longer sometimes 5 weeks or more... but 4w 3d is what it’s been for a good few months in a row. I think I ovulated between 27th to the 30th july can’t say exact date but I never ovulate bang on 14 days it’s always over that x

I think seeing the hb is a good sign, doubled with the fact you have irregular cycle probably explains whilst your dates are out too. I’m pretty sure, but hopefully someone else can confirm it, that once a hb is detected the chances of a m/c decrease quite a bit.

Sending you love, hugs and strength to get through the wait until your next scan. I remember the 1 week wait between my scans in January, it was the longest week of my life.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->