Emergency u/s last night said 70% sure it's a girl. Reliable??

immie

Reaction score
Hellooooo:flower: Not sure if some of you may have read my post last night about these horrible pains i had all day in my tummy. But anyway in the end i got an appt at the hospital at 8:20pm last night, had lots of checks and was moved around to different parts of the hospital quite a lot. Anyway, the doctor was just going to listen for a heartbeat but couldn't find a doppler so had to do a scan instead (what an awful shame, was gutted as you can imagine:winkwink:) So he did the scan and all was normal with baby, he scanned us for about 15 minutes, didn't rush at all which i was happy about.

...so here's the real question, basically i asked if he had any idea of the sex and he said 70% sure it's a girl but LO wasn't in the best of positions. So do you think that's reliable or not? Has anyone else been given the same kind of percentage on the gender then turned out to be different?

Thank youuuuu:hugs: xxx

Hm I haven't had the same experience and I am still waiting till my 20 week scan to find out. But from what I have read it could still be either or if it looks like a girl. Had he said 70% it's a boy I would feel more confident of the result cause either there are boy bits or not. A boy could be hiding his bits and look like a girl but not vice versa. But at any rate I am really happy your little one is ok. :) Did you find out what was causing the pains?

My SIL got told 70% it bein a girl, but she was only 12 weeks, at 20 scan week scan was told it was a boy, same thing happened to my friend at the same stages too. But not sure at 18 weeks tho, but i wudnt rush out n buy anything yet - just incase lol

Personally I would take it on the chin and wait til your anomaly scan and see if they confirm...we were told girl at our gender scan at 17weeks and didn't tell the u/s tech that we knew and she also confirmed she thought girl so that was good enough for me :D I bought a couple of things girly after my gender scan but waited til 20weeks to buy lots and choose girly furniture. Good luck and fingers crossed they were right!

:flower:

Thanks girls:) Nope the doctor said it's probably just "one of those things" in pregnancy where everythings a little sore from stretching and so on. Weird though, let's just hope the pain stays away:D xxx

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you hun. It's horrible cause there are so many things that are 'normal pains' in pregnancy but make us worry! Try and relax sweetie

:flower:

So pleased to hear that all was well with the baby and glad you got a bonus scan out of it too.

I guess that maybe he said girl because no boy parts were visible but he couldn't get a shot of exactly the right position. You can probably assume it is most likely a girl but I wouldn't go out and buy the pink dresses until after your next scan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->