Emotional

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by mellllly, Apr 16, 2009.

1. mellllly

mellllly Mummy to 3 under 4!

Hiya,

So today is day 3 with Graham being back at work.
    Tuesday was fine
    Wednesday she would not settle, Graham got back from work I burst into tears.
    Today she woke up for her feed at 6ish and would not settle, I woke Graham up crying. Graham is now at work, she is ok so far, had another feed at 10.30 and has been asleep since. She is due another one at 1.30.

I was emotional on day 3/4 which I read is normal.
    Please tell me the tears/emotions at the moment are also normal?
    I just feel like I am doing everything wrong. :cry:

2. babymama

babymama Mom to Phoenix

I had tears and emotions till about day 12. Totally normal. I'm feeling much better now so the baby blues went away. However, today is the first day OH went back to work so I'll see how the day goes.

3. bibswy

bibswy MUMMY OF 2!

:hugs: I was quite teary for a couple of weeks but it has gradually got better - sleep deprivation didn't help either. Three months on I still have moments especially when I'm tired.

It is overwhelming being a new parent. Its like when u are pregnant you know its going to be tough at first but you never realise the reality of caring for someone 24 hours a day until you are doing it. :baby: Don't be hard on yourself - it takes a lot of getting used to and you will feel better soon. For me the first 6 weeks were the hardest :hugs:

4. Michy

Michy Mum and Preggo

It's so normanl hun, I still have days now when I am crying by the time Matt gets home. I just go with it now as fighting it makes it worse!

:hug:

5. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

:hugs: completely normal hun, your hormones are still going mad!!

Things will soon settle down dont worry!!

6. lolly101

lolly101 Well-Known Member

I am the same even now!!! I have good days, then bad days where all I want is for Des to come home so I can have some help cos I feel I'm doing it all wrong...
    Hang in there hun you are doing great:hugs:

7. mellllly

Thanks ladies!! I had a much better day yesterday, I think I just need to have the attitude that tomorrow is another day! Good or bad!

Graham has taken next week off bless him, hes a bit worried about me

8. moomin_troll

moomin_troll mummy to zane and corey

at first my oh didnt help at all with zane so wen he went back to work i was nerves but not bothered really, but i cried so many times when zane wudnt settle for me. id also wake my oh crying and then id run the the bathroom and lock myself in for 10 mins.

your very normal remember u still have all ur preg hormoans ratteling round in there u will be fine things to get easier!

9. Happy

Happy Mummy to Phoebe

My OH went back to work last week and I have been a bit teary as Phoebe just wont sleep in the house during the day for some reason. When I try to out her down she just screams for me, once I pick her up she is fine. It gets very frustrating when your on your own but it does get better. I just go out with her now and see my mum or window shop as it is the only way she will settle in the day.

10. mellllly

She has been fine since wednesday so i am hoping she was just having a bad day.
    I know I need to prepare myself for many more to come.

I think I def need to get out of the house more. I was going to take her for a walk today but it started raining and Graham took my car which has the pram in the boot! Typical, still there is always tomorrow

11. Gwizz

Gwizz Boys Rule!

Its completely normal babe I was the same when Steve went back to work and quite a few times since he's taken the wheels of the buggy in his damn boot!

I was teary when he went to work and came home for a week or so and I still get teary on and off now, along with tiredness and moods swings. Its hard work realising the daily routine you had is out the window and the simplist of jobs you have to 'fit in' around the feeding and settling.

It will get better slowly :)