End of our breastfeeding journey.. :(

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by spacecadet, Dec 10, 2009.

1. spacecadet

spacecadet 1st time mum

Hey gals... Well this us it, think my BF days are over :cry: IRS been 2 days now since she has had a BF :(
    was really hoping to make it to 1 year but she has shown less and less interest in feeding recently, she's eating very well and I just got into the habit of giving a bottle of follow on milk in the evenings which progressed to one in the mornings too a couple of weeks ago, and she would rather have that now..
    I still offer boob every now and then but she really has no desire (is this the same little boobie monster I had last year!!) and just has a little playful nip instead...:dohh:

So I am sad as really wanted to get to a whole year of breastfeeding, but 11 months is far more than I expected so I am happy with that..

:)

2. Jemima

Jemima Mother of One

Well done on such a brilliant achievement! It seems unbelievable that they can lose interest so quickly in something that they were so obsessed with no so long ago, doesn't it?!

3. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

Well done for lasting so long hun X

4. Cariad_bach

Cariad_bach mum to 2 boys and 2 girls

Well done on getting so far hun xxxxxxxxxx