End-of-the-Day Blues

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Bucket, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Bucket

Bucket Mama to TS (& pg with #2)

So, my LO doesn't sleep much during the day. She has a couple of 45 minute naps and gets sleepy early evening, but otherwise, it's a long, non-stop pulling-faces-capering-around-reading-books-crawling-about-on-the-floor kind of day for us. I'm knackered!

Luckily, Alia happily goes to bed at about 8.30-9pm and stays there until 5 or 6am. I just put her down, made myself some dinner, cleared up the house and then - at last! - sat down with a big fat beer.

So why, the moment I stop stressing and sit down, do I just want to cry hysterically?! I think perhaps it's relief at finally having five minutes to relax. But I've totally and utterly forgotten how to relax properly. Anyone else get this? Can't be just me, right? xx

2. minties

minties Complete

No, I am the same. Thomas goes down at 8:30pm and by then I am so keyed up and exhausted that all I do is sit there feeling horribly tense and over-emotional.

I don't end up falling asleep until around midnight, which is just a couple of hours away from his first nighttime feed.

He doesn't sleep much during the day even though he's so young.

3. daisii

daisii Well-Known Member

my LO has colicy evenings sometimes, so when I do get to sit down i am so tense. expecting the wailing to start that i too could cry and cry!!!

4. Bucket

Bucket Mama to TS (& pg with #2)

Yeah, I get that during the daytime naps. The horrible tense feeling that she'll wake up screaming any minute. I'm slowly, slowly learning to accept that even small jobs might have to be left half done until later, and that this doesn't mean that they won't get finished. It's hard: I used to be kind of a control freak before I became a mama. :)

5. kelly29

kelly29 Guest

awww poor you , but i think most of us feel like that at times, i know i do its hard to relax as you think omg any min now lo will wake up :( plus its hard having to take care of someone all day!!

my lo is a crap sleeper in the day never seems to sleep for longer than 20 mins :( she seems to have wind or is sick everywhere so wakes her up then i can only cuddle her and she will sleep or if we go walking!! not exactly what you want is it?
    hubby reg invites his mate and his kids rd of an evening :( he think's i'm a right moody cow cause i'm not up for it? why would i be? i have millions of chores to do,a baby and 3 older kids, a dog who has pups, to watch over why would i want people rd when it should be quiet well apart from lo laying on me !

you should have a glass of wine it helps me ;) i reg cook dinner with a galss of wine it helps loads ;) but no advice really sorry ;) lol just wine lol

6. rachxbaby1x

rachxbaby1x Well-Known Member

Im the same, when Harrison goes to bed im sat on the sofa thinking i need to relax but i just cant, im worried he is gonna wake up any min. my oh tells me to relax as im always on edge.
    like u before lo came along i was a bit of a control freak lol, so no its not just u hunni xxxxxxxxxxxx