Endless miscarriage - please help :(

The_Berry

Reaction score
I was wondering whether anybody has had a similar experience to me, as I seem to be having an endless miscarriage and my anxiety at the moment is debilitating.

Back in mid-August at my 12-week scan I found out that my baby had died at about 8 or 9 weeks. I took misoprostol, which only partially worked. Some of the tissue that came out got stuck, and they had to pull it out with forceps. I took misoprostol again a couple of weeks later, and it didn't work at all. In mid-September I had an MVA to get rid of the retained tissue. I had a scan and was given the all clear after the MVA, but 4 days later on 17th September I passed another 3cm piece of tissue (not a blood clot)! Nearly all of the pregnancy tissue has been analysed and no signs of any molar tissue are evident, at least.

I've only just started having my HCG levels monitored unfortunately, and they were at 18 on both the 18th and 21st September. I was terrified that the plateau meant there was something wrong. I stopped bleeding completely on 22nd September (there was only a tiny amount of spotting before) and when I had my blood tested again on 27th September my HCG had come down to 11.

I'm glad that there is a drop (even though it's a bit slow) but I'm still so scared that I'll plateau again (or rise!!) or that I have more retained tissue or that it'll take months for my normal cycle to resume. I'm having more bloods taken on 2nd October, and maybe a scan based on the results.

Has anybody been through anything like this? Any responses would be so appreciated.

So sorry you are going through this! My story is not the same, but thought I would share anyway. MMC was discovered at my scan around 9 weeks. I waited 2 weeks for my body to misscarry naturally as my HCG levels were dropping drastically. But my body never got the message, so I took misoprostil 4 weeks ago. I think I passed everything but continued to bleed for over 3 weeks. My HCG level was still at 56 last week. Now I am waiting to recheck it again next week. I sure hope you have passed everything and your level gets down to normal soon. This is such a hard thing to go through, hugs!

Thanks for your response Amber, and sorry to hear that your HCG is still elevated too. It's just impossible to relax until your cycle is back to normal I think - I've got my fingers crossed for that day for the both of us!

The funny thing is that today, after over a week of no bleeding whatsoever, I had a tiny amount of pink spotting. I'm sure this can't be my period or ovulation bleeding because my HCG definitely isn't at 0 yet. I'm still getting very faint positives on First Response tests so I'm guessing my HCG is between 7 and 11.

I just don't know what this means :( Hopefully I'll get more answers at the hospital tomorrow.

I have a very similar story. In February at my 12w scan it was measuring at 8w with no heartbeat. I decided to go the medicine route and mine also partially worked (but I didn't know that at the time, as my doctor didn't give me an ultrasound to make sure). The bleeding never seemed to stop. Then after awhile it just turned into weird constant spotting/bleeding. I waited and waited and waited for my numbers to go down. I believe they were around 170 after I found out, then 73 a couple of weeks later. Slowly but surely they finally did...fast forward to about April/May I had some really really bad cramping and I seemed to pass what was left of the miscarriage. I was like you and didn't relax until my cycle finally became normal (June). It's good that you are having scans (I should have pushed for some). But i know how you feel, I was a wreck, but I also didn't have a huge support system as I didn't want to talk about it to anyone. Your cycle WILL get back to normal, I know time seems like it's going super slow but it will happen. :hugs:

Thanks LKGlove, sorry you've had such a tough time of it too but glad you're back to normal now. I had really good news today that my HCG has dropped again to 8. So it's going kind of slowly, but getting there! I really have developed massive anxiety over this whole thing though so I think I'm still going to be very paranoid until I get to 0 and my cycles return. I just keep thinking something terrible is going to happen or I'll never reach 0!

That is great news, it means you're on track to get back to normal very soon! :happydance: I understand the anxiety. My spouse and I actually went out to celebrate when I got AF back...can you believe it?! :haha: During that time I had to look at the positives like we can actually get pregnant in the first place. My doctor told me during an appointment that the fact you can get pregnant is a good thing because that's harder to fix, it's just staying pregnant that's the issue which we can fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->