endometriosis

melfy77

Reaction score
hello!

My husband and I have been trying for 5 months (which is not long, but it sure feels like it...)

There is howerver something that worries me. My mother had endometriosis and struggled for 6 years to get her BFP, and it was supposed to be a mild case, with minimal impact on fertility...yeah right:growlmad: Because it's hereditary, I'm scared I might have it too. I started my periods at 11, and they were painful until i got 20 or so. I just took some normal painkillers and the pain was gone. Now I don't have to take anything. I don't have pain when we BD or when I have to go to the bathroom, but I've heard that as endometriosis gets ''older'' and more extensive, it can become painless. I have an appointement with my doc in a month to ask for a lap if I still don,t have my bfp, but I just wanted to know if any of you has endo and have heard or experienced it.

Baby dust to you all:dust:

Hi, I have endo and had a laparoscopy to confirm it in June. I didn't have any obvious signs that I had endo apart from slightly heavy periods, until earlier this year when I started to get awful pains. The doctor said I've probably had it for years (it was quite bad). From what I've read, it seems like there's no correlation between how severe it is and the level of pain, so there are people with endo who are in a lot of pain, a little pain, or no pain. Please try not to worry too much - remember that MOST women don't have endo, and even if you do, it's still possible to conceive (my friend did!).

Hi Goldfish, don't worry, I passed by the same situation as you, it was awful, I thought that it will pass, but no! I've been diagnosed with endo during the operation, this happened in june 2011, my doctor said that I have 1 year to get pregnant naturally, if not we will do IV. I am not still pregnant but i hope we will make it by ourselves, because IV in our country is very expensive and without any gurantees. so find a good doctor, and don't worry, God will help you!!!

Hello,

Just to let you know. I just went to the doctor yesterday due to having HORRIBLE menstrual pain (bad cramps and leg pain). I have always had bad period pain, but it seems to be getting worse. The doctor thinks I have endo. I have an ultrasound next week to rule out anything else.

Honestly, if you don't have any symptoms, I would not get surgery. Get a pelvic exam, blood work, and ultrasound first. That is what I am doing.

Hi Goldfish, don't worry, I passed by the same situation as you, it was awful, I thought that it will pass, but no! I've been diagnosed with endo during the operation, this happened in june 2011, my doctor said that I have 1 year to get pregnant naturally, if not we will do IV. I am not still pregnant but i hope we will make it by ourselves, because IV in our country is very expensive and without any gurantees. so find a good doctor, and don't worry, God will help you!!!

Thank you! My doctor also told me if I don't get pregnant soon then he will refer me for IVF (I have one tube that's blocked from the endo). Just wanted to wish you the best and hope you get preg naturally!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->