Energy Foods??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by beckynbump25, Jan 25, 2011.

1. beckynbump25

beckynbump25 mommy to 1 an expecting

hiya all okay so last weeki found out ive got Episcleritis all i have done since is sleep i wake up get out of bed and an hour later im asleep on the sofa im just soo exhausted!!
    today i have tried too keep myself awake by cleaning but now ive sat down im knackerd.
    so i seriously need to know the best energy foods??
    im gettin tired of sleeping all day and feeling so useless bcause ive not got the energy.please help me thanks xxx

2. Mum2MJ

Mum2MJ Well-Known Member

sorry I'm confused, isn't Episcleritis an eye infection?

3. emsie

emsie Mum of 2 under 2

Heathy options are Oats, wheat, almonds, fruit and veg, brown rice, brown bread. All of these will boost your energy so do try and incorperate these in your diet.

4. beckynbump25

beckynbump25 mommy to 1 an expecting

thanks hun yet it is i wenrt sure if this was normal either since ive had it all ive done is sleep to start with it, it was because i couldnt see anythink and it wasn't as painfull when i was asleep,but now ive got absaloutley no energy at all.:S
    have you ever had it?

thanks emsie ill get OH too grab a couple of things on his way home. xx

5. ImABeeMummy

ImABeeMummy Mummy, Daddy and Logan <3

Defo try eating wholemeal bread and fruit,
    I still struggle to get out of bed in the morning but after ive eaten something decent Im not nearly half as tierd as I was. I get all my energy at like midnight and just want to clean and call the bank and get everything done!! LOL

6. BubbaG

BubbaG Well-Known Member

I have been unwell and my midwife recommended the dexter or lucazade tablets that you can get from supermarkets or chemists... Keeps me awake!

7. meg79

meg79 Well-Known Member

basically any food that hasn't been processed or refined- ie fruit and veg (raw and with skins on when appropriate), wholemeal bread, oats & rice. Protien as well such as white meat and fish. Stay away from heavy carbs and big meals though. x