Energy supplements? Mood enhancers? Help please.

Mintastic

Reaction score
I am having a really tough time getting caffeine down to 200mg or less. Before TTC I was on prescription stimulants for AD/HD which also helped my moods so experiencing some major fatigue/lack a of a motivation/grumpiness ATM. I have also always consumed a lot of caffeine and I am coming off of other psychiatric meds as well.

B vitamins make me break out. I know ginsing isn't safe during preg. My doctors have recommended exercise and I am looking into joining a gym but in the meanwhile I need some help just to get going and do what I need to do - including going to that gym!

Obviously I will double check with my doc but if anyone knows any good supplements/foods/anything for energy and mood that are safe while TTC/preg please let me know! Thanks!

Anybody? Or anybody know who can help me with this? Gyn and shrink don't know much about supplements/natural remedies but worried naturopath wouldn't know about preg safety? Or would they? Maybe a nutritionist? Herbal healer? I dunno...

Hello!

I've just been doing some research on fertilaid for women, which is used by many women to help them conceive. I've read many women's reviews who say it really increased their energy on top of helping them concieve. Maybe worth a try? You know it's obviously safe while TTC. However, it is a bit expensive, I think like $30.00 for a month.

I would definitely try naturopath. I've never gone this route but always looked at it as a great second option if I need it. I think they might be able to help you. Hope this helps!

Oh! No wonder people are getting energy from fertilaid - it has ginsing in it! Ginsing was proven to cause serious birth defects in rats. Human safety is unknown but the recommendation is to avoid it. Especially in the first trimester. I am surprised it is in the fertilaid!

Oh! Sorry to post so much on my own post but I researched it more and Fertilaid contains SIBERIAN ginsing - which is a totally different plant and should be safe when TTC/preg/bf etc... Great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->