energy

nikkip

Mummy to 2!!
Reaction score
Hey ladies i know usually we get our energy back in the second trimester. I did when i had my son but this time my energy doesn't seem to want to return.

I feel so lethargic and cant be bothered. hate feeling like this.

Is anyone else feeling like this at all?:kiss:

YES. This is my first and I am convinced everyone that says they have energy are liars :winkwink: I'm not taking my afternoon naps like I did in 1st trimester, but I'm still super tired. 8-9 hours at night isn't enough. I've been dragging. My doc said do you feel slightly more awake, I was like yeah, not as many naps, and she was like there you go plus you might be getting anemic we'll test you for it in 5 weeks at your next appt. Ok... You're not alone.

Oooh me, I am only just getting a little bit of energy back now and I'm just about to head into 3rd tri. I was waiting and waiting for the second tri energy burst but it never came until now :(

Hello, We have a similar age gap between children and I think that has a lot to do with it! I did get some energy back but it took longer this time round and it's already starting to go again. But it is more difficult with another little one as the oportunities to rest are less and you have so much more to do and think about.

ETA Spunky has a point about anemia, it might be worth getting checked.

thanks guys!! yeah im on iron tablets but only been kept on them to keep my bloods stable as i have thalesemia trait other than that my bloods are normal.

scuffer i see your point bout the little one but hesw at mother in laws all day as they mind him during the day due to me having spd and as i am usually at work.

so bored of being tired now! :)

thanks guys!! yeah im on iron tablets but only been kept on them to keep my bloods stable as i have thalesemia trait other than that my bloods are normal.

scuffer i see your point bout the little one but hesw at mother in laws all day as they mind him during the day due to me having spd and as i am usually at work.

so bored of being tired now! :)

You do have a lot on your plate, work all day, spd and then having to come home and look after your little one. It's not surprising you're tired. Hopefully you'll get a bit of respite soon and your energy levels pick up, try and make sure you are getting properly rested in the evenings.

I agree though, it does get boring! I got like that but did have a month or so when I had energy.

Definitely feel this way. If anything I'm more tired than I was in first trimester :wacko: I tend to barely make it through the workday, go home and collapse on the couch, wake up and make dinner, and then I'm in bed by 8:30.

I asked the midwife about it and she told me to try and get some exercise in first thing in the morning and that will help. I looked at her like she had three heads because I can barely get myself up every morning to make it into work on time, much less getting up even earlier to get some exercise in :nope:

chin up hun took me to week 16 to have my energy come back but it did:) xx

I'm exactly the same. I can hardly muster the energy to get off the couch and stick the dishwasher on. I'm still not eating too well in the evenings due to nausea and find it really difficult not to have a lie down in the evening.

Nope. I am waiting patiently for the fatigue as I think I might sleep better. I am too energised..I have always been a high energy person and everyone generally thinks I am on drugs because I tend to bomb around at work like a bee on ecstasy.
Its got worse since becoming pregnant. Its affecting my sleep as I am just not tired and struggle with getting to bed at a reasonable time.

Nope. I am waiting patiently for the fatigue as I think I might sleep better. I am too energised..I have always been a high energy person and everyone generally thinks I am on drugs because I tend to bomb around at work like a bee on ecstasy.
Its got worse since becoming pregnant. Its affecting my sleep as I am just not tired and struggle with getting to bed at a reasonable time.

I have no energy at all and get frustrated when people tell me your meant to feel great in 2nd trimester. I love being pregnant, but working full time is killing me xx

My energy that i aquired in the 2nd tri has slowly died off now im just about to leave for the 3rd .. so crap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->