engaged

Gem13

Reaction score
Have just seen midwife & she has written on my notes that baby is 2/5's engaged - can someone tell me what this means?! Does it mean baby is on route?!!

I was 2/5 engaged too, at week 31 :) It just means that baby's head is slowly moving into position in your pelvic region. All good !

at 31 weeks??? wow my baby is 3/5s engaged but only got 10 days left till EDD, feeling overdue...

I'm almost 35 weeks, and baby's head down but definitely not engaged - he was lying diagonal just last night.

Gem13, it depends on what method your midwife uses. Some midwives say 2/5 when only 2 out of 5 parts of the baby's head can be felt when she prods around. The rest - that is, 3 out of 5 parts, is engaged in your pelvis.

Other midwives use the opposite method - by 2/1 engaged, they mean 2 out of 5 parts is engaged and the rest of the head can still be felt outside the pelvis.

When I saw my MW at 36w I was 0/5's engaged! Any engagement means baby is on the right path but she said they don't tend to pay much attention to being engaged anymore as sometimes it doesn't happen until you are in labour, so even if you aren't even further engaged at your next app it's nothing to get down about.

But obviously if baby is already en route it can't be a bad thing!

xx

at 31 weeks??? wow my baby is 3/5s engaged but only got 10 days left till EDD, feeling overdue...

Yeah, I was surprised too and had to make my doctor repeat what he said LOL. My brother was breached until the very last week. He turned and mum had him just fine. So not a worry at all when baby is engaged :)

im jealous of you ladies with your baby moving down.at 37weeks my little man is no where near engaged and the belly certainly isnt showing signs of dropping.still have this huge lump getting bigger by the day thats sitting high up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->