Engagement pains?

hexyewdancer

Mummy to Roman
Reaction score
My LO has been head down since 27 weeks and today i have this immense pressure low down with really bad period type cramps. My lower back also hurts and im just in tears with it.

My friend had this last week and when she went to the midwife she was told baby was engaged and that was what the pains where.

Could my LO be engaging maybe?

Also ive been going to the toilet loads as i feel im about to burst but its just trickles and my heartburn has eased......alot!!

I dont want to ring the MW as if i have to go in i have no way of getting there. My hubby is busy with work today, he's gone in early to prepare a statement for the arrest of a man and so i cant bring him out.

Im so uncomfortable :cry:

Aww hun I don't know as I mine hasn't engaged yet but if you're in pain maybe you should call your mw and just ask her advice/what she thinks it could be? If she wants you to go in, maybe you could just pop to L&D this evening once your OH is home?

Hope you feel better soon xx

i posted this morn and a girlie replied saying had maybe baby moved into postion, i like you are 33weeks (3days here though) and thought 33weeks for 2nd baby to get ready was proper early but our worries seem v.similiar!
i have had back ache on my right side even when lying down on left side and feeling like i need to wee there and then (no warning/pressure build up that you usually get before you become 'desperate' kwim?) heartburn hasn't been much of an issue come to think about it and babys movements have changed! aswell as getting shooting pains/pressure literally right under my bits - not the 'triangle' area kwim? but at the same type keep getting wiggles/movements under my right rib which has never happened this preg though.

if baby becomes engaged so soon does that mean our babies could come early? :\

xXx

I've had this in the last few weeks........and my MW said last time at 37 wk apptmt that the baby was at the brim and that could be the reason why (which means the baby has started to move down but not on the engaged scale of 5/5 to 1/5).
I had serious pressure since this apptmt which has eased off in the last week...and today i''m still only 4/5th engaged at nearly 39 weeks (1/5 being fully engaged).
So for me the pressure means the baby has moved down a bit...but not all that much....but we're all different.
If you're worried give your m/w a call anyway.... i would prefer to pay for a taxi if u need to see her.

xxx

i

xXx

From what I've read......it could be - but babies can engage early...but then pop out again. I spoke about this to my MW this morning.....in a lot of cases you might not get fully engaged untill your contractions start.

xxx

i

xXx

From what I've read......it could be - but babies can engage early...but then pop out again. I spoke about this to my MW this morning.....in a lot of cases you might not get fully engaged untill your contractions start.

xxx

so long as it's after 37weeks and before 40weeks it's all good :rofl:

xXx

I also read that your baby can engage and disengage in the next instant.
I feel the pressure every once in a while, where baby is completely down low and my upper uterus is feel empty. Then in a couple of hours, baby has shifted and my whole bump is hard again with baby.
The back pain is expected now, as you are carrying more weight and baby is pressing on those wonderful nerves. Days go by where I am peeing like a race horse, then other days not so much. Again, baby shifting.

If you are really worried, ask your MW or doctor. They will be able to tell you if you are in early stages of labour or not.

Good luck sweetie.

I get the shooting pains in the flower every couple of hours since my last app two weeks ago. Will see if hes engaged any on thurs!

when i went to my mw app at 32 weeks she said the baby was engaged but when i went bk at 34 he was still low down but had popped bk out, ive been feelin these pains aswel so hopefully hes gone back down there lol

I had these yesterday and today so popped to see m/w this morning just to check things out. She says baby is head down and head is right in top of pelvis so that's what the ache is. She also said that baby can stay there for weeks (some go head down earlier than me - I am 31 weeks) or can move out and about. She told me they like it to be head down at 36 weeks and before this it can be anyway and still change positions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->