English treats -- help, please!

Kitten, those recipes look fab! And easy, too. Thanks so much!

Kia, I wish those cheeses were available here. Maybe in Nashville. I went to harrods two years ago & got Wensleydales. Oh yum!! You all have the best cheeeeeeese.

oh no thats such a shame!! i thought you could get everything in the states :)

well when you come to London make sure you get a cheese board somewhere

xx

Jam tarts are really easy to make - you could use pre-rolled pastry & make loads in advance!

toad in't t'hole!! as us yokshire folk like to call it. For you it would be toad in the hole :)

They're very simple, to make the batter:
4oz flour
1 pint of milk
2 eggs

Mix the eggs with the flour to make a paste and get as many lumps out as possible.
Add the milk slowly mixing as you go.
Pre-heat the oven to about 150 degrees and put a small amount of fat in a shallow muffin tin (preferable beef dripping (fat)) until it is piping hot.
Then half fill each with batter mix and a pre-cook sausage
Cook for around 20/30 mins until they are golden brown and slightly crispy.

Or for a really big one do the same thing, but put all of your batter mix into a loaf tin/ square cake tine and add pre-cooked sausage. Done :)

Another yorkshire pud recipe which is just as famous is a giant yorkshire pud ... cooked in a cake tin and then you put a roast into it. So some meat (beef is traditional) lots of veg, mashed potato, roasts and beef gravy :)
Have fun with this, we have awesome food :) as my belly proves lol

How about a big pot of potato hash? Black puddings too?

I think the tea and scones would be good too.

Fish and chips, but you need a real chippy to do that. You can never get the chips the way a chippy does them :lol:

oh no thats such a shame!! i thought you could get everything in the states :)

well when you come to London make sure you get a cheese board somewhere

xx

We can ... But not in my small town. Bigger cities, like nashville & Memphis, have more stuff.

Such delicious options! Can't wait to sample the treats of London. I need to find a proper chippy. And I just heard about chip butties on BnB. Sounds awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->