engorgement pain

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
I went to the gp this morning concerned I have an infection or thrush in my left breast as its hot and painful especially on the left hand side. It's particularly painful during and then after a feed for ages. Its also bigger than my right breast.

The gp said no infection but engorgement and to feed off that breast first at each feed. The problem is my two week old usually only feeds off one breast per feed except when cluster feeding.

I've been massaging it for days and using warm water. Nothing relieves it. After her feed today my breast felt empty but still painful.

Any thoughts on how I can relieve it more?

I eased my engorgement with hot showers an hand expressing. There was so much as soon as the hot water hit them they were leaking like crazy. I also pumped a little as they were so full it was like baby was biting balloons lol couldn't latch at all. After a few days the pain eased up finally.

My lactation consultant said that taking lecithin can help. https://kellymom.com/nutrition/vitamins/lecithin/

i also eased my engorgement by, either pumping it out or hand expressing and hot showers worked wonders too :)

I tried hand expressing from the painful breast that has damage from the bad latch when in the shower and nothing came out! but my right breast was leaking everywhere! is it possible my nipple is so damaged that the milk ducts are damaged? she got milk out of it this morning. I have a gaping hole in my nipple from the damage :-/

I shall persevere. Thanks ladies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->