enough is enough!!!

kelly1979

Reaction score
I cant take the pain any more!. I have had severe pain in my right side for the past 8 weeks now and after being admitted into hospital they seem to think i have gall stones. I have a scan on thursday to confirm what it is but the pain is so bad i am on strong painkillers which i dont want to take. I have had to bring my maternity leave forward a few weeks so now i leave when i will be 36 week (2 weeks time) and at the moment i am back at work putting on a brave face. I just want to enjoy my pregnancy like everyone else and its really got me down :sad2::sad2:

:hugs:
can they do anything for gall stones when you're pregnant? hope you feel better soon hun.

I'm sorry to hear about your pain. :( I have gallstones, but I knew about it before being pregnant this time. (Was suppose to have my surgery to remove it, but fell pregnant the month before...) I had a pretty bad couple of week attack about a month back. The only thing that has helped is eating a severly fat limited diet (less than 12 total grams of fat per day) and eating food in tiny portions throughout the day (probably about 150 calories per hour). My doc suggested it, and it really helped me. My gallbladder went from being in horrid pain to achy to mostly ok. It still gets achy every once in a while, but I'll take that. I know that the farther along you get the more compressed everything becomes, so I can only imagine how nasty it must be for you right now! Good luck, and feel free to vent to me anytime.

Oh Hun, that sounds awful. Hopefully the scan will reveal the problem and they can start treating it asap.
Don't stress about maternity leave, at least it will give you time to recover before LO arrives.

I think that i am more frustrated that i have been telling my doctors that its the worst pain i have ever had and it feels like i am literally being torn apart from the inside. they told me it was muscular and that i should rest. pfffft!!! I said to them there is no way i can have pain this bad and it not be something serious... I was still ignored, a part of me really hopes they find something in this scan on thursday so i know what it is. Thanks girls for listening, you listen better than my doctors x

No advice, just wanted to send you some *gentle* :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->