Enough of this.

worrying

Reaction score
Nearly 13 weeks and still feel like shite.

Light headed, dizzy, nauseous, and barely managing to hold down the damn antisickness tablets.

I've just had enough.

Ugh god you poor thing. I totally get it (just did a similar post this week) and I'm not even 8 weeks so I can't imagine how 'over it' you must feel by now. It really just sucks.

It's like no one talks about this part of pregnancy. I had no idea how absolutely debilitating morning sickness could be! Not only how uncomfortable it feels, but how depressing it can be...I had my turn of making a thread like this when I was around 8 weeks, too. I've just started my second trimester now, and the nausea and weakness is certainly much more manageable, but still not completely gone for me. I feel like I'm in a slow up-swing though...

Just 1-2 weeks to go for you! Hopefully even sooner :)
You'll probably be surprised how quickly it clears up, or changes. I'm sure you'll get a break soon, just take it easy until then! I still feel y'all.

Thanks ladies!

I had hyperemisis Gravidum with my daughter and ended up needing IV fluids. With her I was able to go back to work at 14 weeks though. I guess I just really expected to be feeling better by now.

Also just a quick PSA, if you're likely to be sick do not under any circumstances eat mixed nuts. It's like throwing up gravel! Learned that the hard way yesterday evening while my poor daughter watched from the bath. :/

Big hugs! <3 Keep your eyes on the prize, when your little one is in your arms you'll soon forget about the sickness :hugs:

UGH I so feel this :( and thus, i went searching for others who also have experienced this. It's hard to talk to those who haven't experienced it as there's not much they can say besides, "sorry, chin up". I just wrote this on bump.com:

"Listen, I know it's a miracle. I love them (first pregnancy, and it's twins!) to bits already but let's be honest: some days,being pregnant just sucks. I know every pregnancy is different but we have more in common than our non pregnant counterparts, so... can we vent a little?

So many sweet and well meaning friends keep telling me to hang in there, that it'll pass etc. I know. But right now I feel hungry, but nauseated, tired but more than well rested, awake but unable to focus on work.

Some days I feel like I'm just waiting for bedtime to roll around so I can sleep through it all. And my partner is supportive but doesn't really know what to do (don't blame her). Giving myself permission to feel the rollercoaster experience this is right now... "

"right now I feel hungry, but nauseated, tired but more than well rested, awake but unable to focus on work"

THIS! So accurate.

It is so hard!! Im not vomiting but i felt nauseous and weak and down in the dumps especially in the first 12 weeks. I still feel abit rubbish most days at some point but alot better, i know what you mean about people not talking about this part. It's not as simple as sick in the morning and fine after for me and no doubt alot of people. Everyone else appears to have there lives in order yet i really struggle to do much housework. Its not easy i dont have much advice other than rest as much as you can, its hard to feel happy but you will soon be another month on. Men have it so easy lol.

I had really bad naseau in my first semester where I was taking 4 pills a day for the sickness. Maybe try upping your dose and eat little meals that you can keep down. All I ate my first semester was toast and peanut butter. It gets so much better, I'm 17 weeks now and I just take 1 a day and have naseau only when I smell something funny

UGH I so feel this :( and thus, i went searching for others who also have experienced this. It's hard to talk to those who haven't experienced it as there's not much they can say besides, "sorry, chin up". I just wrote this on bump.com:

"Listen, I know it's a miracle. I love them (first pregnancy, and it's twins!) to bits already but let's be honest: some days,being pregnant just sucks. I know every pregnancy is different but we have more in common than our non pregnant counterparts, so... can we vent a little?

So many sweet and well meaning friends keep telling me to hang in there, that it'll pass etc. I know. But right now I feel hungry, but nauseated, tired but more than well rested, awake but unable to focus on work.

Some days I feel like I'm just waiting for bedtime to roll around so I can sleep through it all. And my partner is supportive but doesn't really know what to do (don't blame her). Giving myself permission to feel the rollercoaster experience this is right now... "

Oh love I so know! I flit between telling myself it's fine and will surely pass soon, and just thinking "Oh fuck everything this is just awful!" I'm sending love. Anyone that carries twins or more is a total super hero in my eyes. :hugs:

Big hugs! <3 Keep your eyes on the prize, when your little one is in your arms you'll soon forget about the sickness :hugs:

You know, you never do when it's really bad. I had it even worse with my first. Bed ridden for almost the entire first tri, plus hospital admission for IV fluids. It took a long time before I was ready to think about a second. Both pregnancies were very wanted, fought for, and conceived on fertility drugs, but that moment I got my BFP this time? Excitement quickly engulfed by fear and dread. Because it's awful. It's really, really awful. It's worth it. But no, you don't forget.

Aw, thank you so much! Today is MUCH better and the hard days help me appreciate the easier days so much more. Thank you, also, for the validation. On the other website, I got "suck it up" and "it'll be even harder when they're born so enjoy this ride while you can" The thing is, sometimes it's not really possible to "suck it up". Frankly, sometimes that's not even the most skillful response. We're all human and need permission to fall apart sometimes.

...and having friends on the same path to share and commiserate with makes all the difference. :hugs:

Aw, thank you so much! Today is MUCH better and the hard days help me appreciate the easier days so much more. Thank you, also, for the validation. On the other website, I got "suck it up" and "it'll be even harder when they're born so enjoy this ride while you can" The thing is, sometimes it's not really possible to "suck it up". Frankly, sometimes that's not even the most skillful response. We're all human and need permission to fall apart sometimes.

...and having friends on the same path to share and commiserate with makes all the difference <3

"It's really, really awful. It's worth it. But no, you don't forget."

Just wanted you to know: I so appreciate your honesty.

Hope you're feeling better soon! I'm coming up on 14 weeks and really hoping it eases off in the second tri. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->