Entertaining a 4 month old???

BecksBabyB

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any advice how to entertain a 4 month old? He gets bored doing everything after 3 minutes and if I'm not talking to him he whines. He's just string enough to sit up for about 5 seconds alone but constantly wants holding in this position, but then he still gets bored playing sat up after 5 minutes. Even TV only works for 5 minutes.

Does anyone do any particular things on the house or have any toys which have worked with their little ones. I'm out of ideas and I'm so sick of hearing the whining noises!!

I try to take him out but as the weathers bad I've not really wanted the hassle but the is just as much hassle in here today!!

Argh!!

Bx

Only really walking outside keeps my LOL entertained and happy for extended periods of time. I walk A LOT haha

other than that the playmat sometimes buys me 15 minutes and the swing about 10 minutes.

I was dead against TV before 2yrs old but I need to eat during the day! So ... I got him some baby Einstein dvds and he will happily watch that for half an hour (only do this once a day when I have lunch) he sits there and giggles at the TV it's quite cute.

Oh he's 6 months

I'm with u and struggling too. I bought Macie a jumparoo. Even though she's still a little too young for it, it's next to the TV (which I was also against), I put on c-beebies and she watches that whilst trying to figure out her new toy! That buys me about 30 mins to wash bottles, shower and do some chores.
If my calculations are right I think Macie is a few days younger than your baby?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 10
Thank you! I feel better that it's not just my baby lol.

I think I may try a jumparoo, he enjoyed kicking around and maybe the bouncing will entertain him. He won't sit in a bumbo for more than 3 minutes cos he's too restricted but will sit up if I hold him for longer....it's so hard to find things to entertain them!!

I play 'horsey' by sitting her on my knees and jiggling them about while I sing, she loves it. I make a slide out of my body too and slide her down it.

As for toys, I just got her the vtech Singing Alfie and hang it from her play mat, she's fascinated by him. She also likes Lamaze Princess Sophie too - makes her playmat time more interesting now as she was getting bored of the hanging objects.

I also read to her and encourage her to pick things up. Oh, and I also got her this booster seat She's a bit bemused by it right now, kinda cries after 5 mins but I think she'll end up loving it and it gets great reviews.

She also loves 'scream outs' with my husband where she just screams at him as he screams back, ha ha! And we always go on walks, she loves looking at the trees. Sensory classes are amazing too.

Our LO loves her jumperoo, really started to get into it now.

They are a bargain on Amazon at the mo too!

Love that Disney one, wish I knew about that one!

She is 18 weeks tomorrow - think our LO's have a very close birthday :)

I also got her a giant playmat from Tesco as it really helped her with practising rolling over and she also loves Lamaze toys - again you can pick loads up from Amazon as they have lots on offer.

Thank you! Another quick question, I've seen a rainforest and a discover and grow jumparoo....is there one that is better??
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"