Entertaining in the day

Beth09

Reaction score
What do you guys all do to keep your LO entertained in the day? Zach seems to want to be occupied most of the time and tends to whinge a bit if im not walking around with him, any tips?

Get a sling or a carrier so he can go round with you but you have your hands free. At that age I carried him round everywhere, he'd just hit the roof if I left him. Now I can put him on his mat for a bit or in his door bouncer but he's dropped his lunchtime nap which means an additional 90mins of entertainment. I can't wait until he gets his Christmas presents!!

Alex has become very interactive with us in the last week and wants attention all the time! Anything to smile about! I found her vibrating bouncer keeps her occupied, her play mat and good old virgin medias playlists on demand.......

.....as long as it has Cheryl Cole on it :( Alex insists, y'know ;)

.....as long as it has Cheryl Cole on it :( Alex insists, y'know ;)

Brandon loves cheryl cole too! Everytime that Loreal advert comes on he is glued to the screen! And in the car, I have to have her album on repeat to keep him happy! Haha! Whats that all about?!!!

x x x

When Emily was that age, I just used to take her out in her pram a lot, sing to her, cuddle her, lie her on the bed next to me and read to her.

Now she is a little older, she want to be involved with everything, so when I do my morning clean, she sits in her vibrating bouncy chair and watches cbeebies for 45 mins while I run about like a loon.
We then take the dog out for a walk, which she loves. Then I have my lunch and feed her and she naps on my lap for anything up to an hour.
Afternoon, she sits in her highchair in the kitchen (it reclines lots) and watches me (and listens to me singing to the radio) whilst I do the washing/cook dinner/do the ironing.
Then we sit down and read some of her books for half an hour.
She has a feed then has a 30 min nap in her bouncy chair whilst we eat dinner.
Then she wakes and we play on her play mat for a bit - she is happy to self entertain for half an hour so long as her nappy is off, so that gives me time to clean the kitchen after dinner.

Then we have a bath together and I sing all the nursery rhymes I can remember to her and read her a couple of her bath books.
Then we have baby massage and she'll get ready for bed, have her first boob, then I put her in her cot, switch off the lights and put her musical projection thingy on, so she "talks" and smiles to the teddy bears on the ceiling for about 20 mins.
Then she has another feed and we watch a bit of telly, then she'll have a third and sometimes fourth feed and eventually goes down for the night.

Repeat - every single day lol

I rarely carry Carter around but i put him on his playmat or in his swing that has things thats hang above it. Something that stimulates his senses keeps him entertained.

Get a sling or a carrier so he can go round with you but you have your hands free. At that age I carried him round everywhere, he'd just hit the roof if I left him. Now I can put him on his mat for a bit or in his door bouncer but he's dropped his lunchtime nap which means an additional 90mins of entertainment. I can't wait until he gets his Christmas presents!!

This is exactly like me and my little man! I can't hurry Santa along quick enough! Don't get me wrong, I love playing with the little guy, but I also like to get dressed and brush my hair and stuff too!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->