epesiotomy follow up, shocked!

kbwebb

Reaction score
i posted the other day about having a pulling sensation down below, and some of you said you had the same. i got told today at the hospital that its weak pelvic floor muscles, and that its everything pushing down on the muscles because of gravity!

She said i have really weak muscles and I need to do 3 fast exercises, and three slow for 2-3 seconds and build it up slowly.. this could take upto 8 months :wacko: (although i have brought some weights off amazon that are reccommended by 'embarressing bodies' called aquaflex) she said that women come to her and have overworked their pelvic floor and think they will have strong muscles and actually have no control! she said i shouldn't lift both feet at the same time, stand for a long time, run, jog or do any big exercise - I only like to do cross country running :dohh:. i can only do light areobics yawn.
two funny things to mention though, DF came in the room with me, and we were asked if we had had sex, (we had yesterday :haha::blush:) and i said yes. and the woman got excited and was like 'i'm so happy you said that!' because people go to her and havent had sex and so she doesnt know how their stitches healing like in regards to painful/unpainful sex.
after that, DF was the other side of the curtain when she was examining me, and she asked if it was ok to use some gel to 'insert' a finger to see if my bum was fine, and she turned to DF and said 'the things us women have to go through, bet you're glad you aren't a girl. and DF now keeps laughing at me for having a woman putting her finger up there :blush:

Hi, I commented on your post yesterday :) yeah it's what i thought, I had the same, bought the weights and to be honest have never used them and dont really do pelvic floor excercises for the fact that I don't really know if I'm doing them right, I do try sometimes though. That sensation has went away though, it went away about 5-6 weeks pp. hope it goes for you too xx

I had this after I had my daughter, I didn't really do anything about it either but now near enough 6 weeks pp I only get it if I'm straining for a wee which is very rare :)

I had/have this.

Been referred to physio for my pelvic floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->