Epidural Question

HippoBelly

Reaction score
If you have an epidural, have you got to have a catheter fitted too?? I know it seems the daftest thing to be worried about but I'm really sensitive about my peehole and even though I'll be squeezing a melon out of something the size of a lemon, I don't want my peehole interfered with at the same time. Any knowledge would be appreciated :blush:

I had the epidural and didnt have a catheter fitted, they just kept coming and using something to release the urine, it was fine lol and didnt bother me

I had an epidural & tbh if they fit a catheter i wasn't aware of it, I certainly don't remember having one in anyway :wacko:

I had to have a catheter but that's because I was so ill afterwards.

hi there hun..

I had 12 hours of labour with an epidural lol..

They tried me with a bedpan first but im big and couldnt lift my arse up to get on it lol because i was totally numb. The used a cathater ever 2-3hours because it helped babies head come further down. But in all honesty you dont feel a bloody thing, she does it while checking how dilated you are.

They offered me one after but i refused. =]

I don't think I had a catheter fitted for the pidural, but did end up with one once they decided to give me an emergency c-section. TBH you really won't care at that point, you can't feel anything having it put in and it only stings a little bit coming out - there are far worse things!

Yeah, i got an epidural for my stitches and got a cathetar i was so worried about them taking it out but they do it so quickly i can honestly say when they pulled it out it just felt like someone pushing gently on my bits and didnt hurt atall (when it goes in they wait until youre numb anyway)

xx

yeh I had a cath cos was in labour over 34 hours with the epi then I ended up with the section and i can honestly say didnt feel it going in or coming out

I didn't have one fitted but they used one to drain my bladder once I was fully dilated before I was to start pushing.

My epidural was a mobile one and they had me walk to the loo to see if I could go myself but I had no feeling of needing to go. But when they drained me there was loads of pee... because of the saline drip you have to be on when having an epi.

Thank you for all of your answers ladies, sorry to sound so trivial !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->