Epidural/Spinal?? So scared!!

I honestly never felt the needle go in, i didn't look at it either. As it is done behind your back you don't get to see the needle. Try not to worry and think of it as a tiny hurdle in you meeting your baby!

Hiya,
for those that have given birth with and without an epidural - how did you find the pushing stage with both?

Last time I had gas and air and pethidine but looking back one of them didnt agree with me as I felt so grumpy and really snappy after the birth where as none of my friends felt like this at all. But I felt like I needed some sort of pain relief other than just gas and air.

So this time I am considering an epidural and missing out the pethidine all together (lo was very sleepy and wouldnt breastfeed for a while) but I dont know how I would feel about pushing without feeling anything below the waist?
As I could feel everything so strongly, the pushing stage kind of came naturally and was a bit of release from the pain, but I wonder if with an epidural I wouldnt push as effectively and would just find it really odd.

I had contractions for 4 days with ds and pushed for an hour and a half and really felt like I was loosing it at the very end, so so tired as I hadnt slept for days. And then ds cried all night long for a few days so I didnt really sleep for well over a week and this kind of ruined the first few weeks - therefore an epidural may eliminate that side of things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->