ER overnight stay, had to take morphene *nervous* feel guilty!

TTCtiffany

Reaction score
Two days ago I woke up with bad back and side pain. It made it hard to stand up. My husband called his mom to take me
To the ER. Within minutes I was screaming in agony, it was worse then any pain I have ever felt! The pain stayed for hours, they took forever to ultrasound me, baby looked fine. They tried fentynal and that didn't work. So then they gave me
Some morphene and that barely have me relief, but better then the other meds. I never even take Tylenol when pregnant, but the pain was over powering. I had to stay over night and got 4mg doses every few hours. They still
Don't know what's wrong, said it could be a kidney stone or soemthing, so I'm very frustrated with the whole thing. My mom has me
All freaked out that they gave me morphene. Anyone have this while pregnant? I'm 13 weeks.

Sorry, no experience. But surely they wouldn't have given you it if it could harm the baby? Sounds like a horrible experience. Are you ok now?

I had morphine while pregnant at about 24 weeks. I had a gall stone that was extremely painful.

I ended up having my gall bladder removed about 5 months post partum.

I hope you're feeling better but I wouldn't worry about the morphine, they wouldn't have given it to you if it would cause any damage. xo

Oh no. You poor thing. How are you feeling now? Don't worry about the pain relief. It's worse to be agony :flower:

Sorry, no experience. But surely they wouldn't have given you it if it could harm the baby? Sounds like a horrible experience. Are you ok now?
I hope so!! I'm home now, still in pain but no where near as bad. I'm just very sore!

I had morphine while pregnant at about 24 weeks. I had a gall stone that was extremely painful.

I ended up having my gall bladder removed about 5 months post partum.

I hope you're feeling better but I wouldn't worry about the morphine, they wouldn't have given it to you if it would cause any damage. xo

That's what they told me, but I still can't help but worry about that little baby! Ouch gall stones!! That sounds so painful! I still don't know what was wrong with me!

Oh no. You poor thing. How are you feeling now? Don't worry about the pain relief. It's worse to be agony :flower:
Awe thank you! I'm better now, still in a lot of
Pain, but not as bad. Just trying to get through these next few days! It's hard to stand up completely straight!

I agree with above I doubt they'd give you any thing unsafe. I hope you feel better soon x

My appendix burst in my last pregnancy when I was 21 weeks. It happened around 10 pm and no one could figure out why I was in so much pain and ultrasound didn't open until 8 am. I suffered in the worst pain I had ever felt all night long by myself and I was vomiting violently all night. I was starting to lose consciousness early in the morning so they gave me morphine since tylenol didn't help and I felt so much better. Finally when ultrasound opened they still couldn't figure out what was wrong and they just decided to put me under and open me up at 4 pm the next day or I would have died. My appendix had ruptured so badly there was fluid all over my abdomen which is why they never thought it was appendix because it hurt everywhere not just on 1 side! It was almost 24 hours before they finally removed it. Both baby and I were okay and I had to be on morphine for a while, get put under and take t3s after! I had a healthy baby girl 2 days before her due date so try not to worry!!

My appendix burst in my last pregnancy when I was 21 weeks. It happened around 10 pm and no one could figure out why I was in so much pain and ultrasound didn't open until 8 am. I suffered in the worst pain I had ever felt all night long by myself and I was vomiting violently all night. I was starting to lose consciousness early in the morning so they gave me morphine since tylenol didn't help and I felt so much better. Finally when ultrasound opened they still couldn't figure out what was wrong and they just decided to put me under and open me up at 4 pm the next day or I would have died. My appendix had ruptured so badly there was fluid all over my abdomen which is why they never thought it was appendix because it hurt everywhere not just on 1 side! It was almost 24 hours before they finally removed it. Both baby and I were okay and I had to be on morphine for a while, get put under and take t3s after! I had a healthy baby girl 2 days before her due date so try not to worry!!

Geez! Glad everything was okay but that is SCARY!

It was definitely the scariest thing that has ever happened to me but soo worth it!! And on the bright side it can't happen again this time hehe

I found out I was pregnant 2 days ago when I was admitted to the hospital with a gallbladder attack. They gave me morphine for the pain, took blood tests, came back and asked me if I was aware I was pregnant. Was news to me (super early still and we weren't TTC). They told me that the morphine they gave me won't hurt the baby which is good!

I know someone with chronic pain/disability who took a small amount of narcotics throughout her entire pregnancy. Her baby is a perfectly healthy 1 year old now.

Ouch! That sounds horrible! They still don't 100% know what's wrong with me, I'm still very sore and cramps which is scary! But I'm glad to hear that these little ones are just fine in there, even despite what we have going on out here!

I found out I was pregnant 2 days ago when I was admitted to the hospital with a gallbladder attack. They gave me morphine for the pain, took blood tests, came back and asked me if I was aware I was pregnant. Was news to me (super early still and we weren't TTC). They told me that the morphine they gave me won't hurt the baby which is good!

I'm so glad everything is ok! What a way to find out your pregnant lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->