erf volvo want £305 ?

emmi26

Pregnant
Reaction score
hi again,
i just contacted my volvo dealer about their erf seat they want £305 ! for the seat and fitting it ! does this sound right ?
i cant afford that i was thinking about 200 max on a volvo website i saw it said 189 pound im really confused now ! nowhere round here sells erf seats at all :cry:
worried i wont be able to get an erf seat at all now !:cry:

Which Volvo seat is that? I think they do a couple - one that is a rebranded Britax one (which will be the one you saw for £189 but they did put the price up pretty quickly) and they also do a Volvo seat for Volvo cars.

They all seem outrageously expensive to me! Not sure what makes them so expensive but not everyone can afford that kind of money. My current one cost £25 new but lo is nearly outgrowing it and I dont know what we will do when he does - Walk I suppose!

Yeah, double check they're not quoting the price for the Volvo only car seat. I've got that one and it came in at about £300 all in all.
They have put the price up for the re branded multi tech recently and when I got my Volvo only seat they said they couldn't get hold of the re branded multitech, so I think there is something going on with the supply at the mo.

Fitting? I never paid for any fitting, installation isnt hard at all!!

depends what way volvo are fitting it hun.. i know back in the day it was fitted to the chassis of the car.. my neighbour has a built in one folds out of the rear passenger seat... brill piece of equpiment

Sounds like they are looking at the wrong part, as some others have already said.

The part number they need to look up is 31320139. It should be around £200 - make sure they also know that the VAT on carseats is only 5%, not 20% (the dealer where we got ours didn't know!)

They don't need to fit the MultiTech, it's easily doable by yourself, and comes with a very comprehensive manual.

Failing that you can get the Britax Hiway from "in car safety centre" for £200 with free delivery and very easy to fit and it fits most cars.

That's where we went to pick up ours. They were very nice :)

Arnold Clark in stirling! Want me to ask my buddy if theres any in just now?

Yes please she will need one in the next few months I think so may as well ;) thankeees

He's not in Stirling branch so doesnt know :( Just ring up tho, they can get them from UK stockists in days if they dont have any in!

We got ours at Arnold Clark Volvo in Stirling too. The guy had never even heard of it till we asked him to look up the part number :rofl: He was most surprised to find out that they did carseats :haha:

Ours came from their Hub, but it was still there within 24 hours :)

I was lucky they had 2 in stock so me and ruth went and got them, He said tho that there was 1 in glasgow and 3 in england at the same time so we could have still got it within days :) was very good service tbh!

I was at Volvo Hamilton the other day and quoted £199 for the carseat - order it in and arrives within 2 days......

We were looking at the Volvo carseat (up to age 5/6) I though it also turned into the booster to age 12 but it appears not!

So, all the seats that are rear-facing are £200+........are there any that do til age 12....I mean that turn round and convert to a booster.

Once child is 5 or 6 and out of the rear-facing position, how much is it for a decent booster? Are we talking of another £100 or so?

Any advice?:flower:

Not all rear facing are £200 + no my dd had a concord one cheaper, but then I'm not fussed I'd sell my kidney or something if I couldn't afford it :haha:

Not sure on the booster that age is still so far away you have no idea what they will bring in by then?

Yeh booster wise there will no doubt be new ones in 5 years anyway so best to just wait till u need it then look into it i think!

The Volvo MultiTech does become a booster though? :shrug:

It forward faces to 18kg as a group 1 seat (harnessed), then does up to 25kg as a highback booster (Group 2), which you just use your seatbelt on.

I don't know how long it takes a kid to reach 25kg, but I'd imagine you get at least 5 or 6 years use out of the carseat, if not more than that.

Still a lot of seat for £200 ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->