Erratic postpartum bleeding--so confusing!! Help!

bjb

Reaction score
Hi ladies, hoping you all can share your experiences since I have read soooo much conflicting information about postpartum bleeding and every case seems to be so different!

I just gave birth (vaginally) to my son about about 2 weeks ago, and I'm not sure my bleeding is quite normal, seems very backwards and weird... First of all, it was only heavy the first 2 days (in hospital), then after returning home it became quite watery, and light pink in color; this lasted for only a few days, followed by a heavier, deep red (with clots and such) up until about 2 days ago. During just these past 2 days it changed dramatically, to almost nothing, brown in color. I thought this was the end but now this morning, gushes of deep red again! What is going on?? (The quantity this morning was not anything alarming, not like I even soaked through 1 pad, so I am ruling out any hemorrhaging).

Also, I am breastfeeding exclusively so highly doubt is would be a menstrual cycle so soon..

What do you girls think?? :wacko:

My bleeding was very similar, it was on and off for a couple of weeks and went from pink/brown back to bright red when I had done quite a lot over the last few days. The bleeding stopped at around 3 weeks for me and i now just have the clear/yellow lochia which will hopefully stop very soon. It does vary depending on the woman so it may be longer or end sooner for you. Just keep an eye on it and if the bleeding gets heavy again (especially if you have been taking it easy, it tends to get worse if you overdo it) contact your doctor x

Mine was intermittent just like you describe. It would taper off to a light brown and stop for a few days and then come back for a few wipes after peeing - even on days I was doing no activity and then it would taper off to a brown/orange/rusty color again. No smell to it, no pain, no hemorrhaging etc. I think every women's experience with lochia is different. I had a c-section aNd my doctor said what I was experiencing was normal. Hope this helps :)

My mil was like that, she had stopped bleeding for three days and went to the store only to end up having it restart and drip down her leg.

I bled for 1 day after then nothing at all for 12 days. Then suddenly started spotting brown which also stopped then at about 2.5 weeks I started getting red blood and it was quite heavy too. After days of worrying and a visit to my gp turns out it was still lochia. Finally stopped after a week, so on and off bleeding for 4ish weeks.

I've been having a similar experience! I did notice that the bleeding picked up a few days ago as I started feeling better and was more active.... have you been doing more lately?

I've been having a similar experience! I did notice that the bleeding picked up a few days ago as I started feeling better and was more active.... have you been doing more lately?

The only thing I can recall doing close to that day it became heavy again was vacuuming my house...? Lol :shrug: Geez if I cant even do that, these pp weeks are going to be pretty unproductive!

I had the same. Breastfeeding will make your uterus contract and I was warned by the health visitor to expect sudden bright red after long feeds - sure enough after it had tapered off to almost nothing I suddenly had about 5 days of bright red. That signalled the end though and it stopped completely within a couple of days

I had pp bleeding for the first 3 weeks, and then it stopped. At 6w, my AF returned. :nope: At 8w, I spotted bright red blood for 2 days, but this was probably related to my internal stitches dissolving, as I still had a bunch in there at 6w and my OB told me to expect them to take a few weeks to dissolve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->