Erratic temps??

Toadly

Reaction score
Hello, first time posting so bare with me! I just stared charting my temps this month (orally) and they are completely erratic. I am sure I ovulated on cd15 as I had severe ovulation pain that suddenly disappeared (which is what I usually get). Also getting weird ewcm this month!

Can anyone help?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6bd759

Are you testing at the same time every morning, immediately after waking, while still in bed?

As for the CM, I see you are BD'ing a lot. The fluids produced when aroused mimic EWCM, and so does male ejaculate, so I wouldn't rely on your CM results with that much BD'ing going on. :lol: You would probably do better to check your cervix instead.

Well, to get steady temps here are tips.
1)Make sure you temp same time every day, when first getting up. For some if more than 15 mins different can cause issues.
2)Make sure you temp in the same spot in your mouth- for example under left side or tongue always or under right side of tongue always, not swapping.
3) If you notice inconsistent temps with mouth temping- vaginal is always more accurate. Don't start at this point though, wait for new cycle.
4) Drinking alcohol or disturbed sleep definitely can mess up temps
5) Some people just vary a fair amount. I know some month my preovulation temps re pretty all over the place.

Thanks for the reply! :) Yes I have been setting an alarm for 6 every morning and then going back to sleep after. I don't think the cm could be semen or anything else as it is crystal clear and really stretchy (like a couple of inches) but it could be?

I tried checking my cervix but I have never been able to make much sense of it 😂 I checked it earlier and it felt really open like I could fit the tip of my finger in?? I had very lotiony like cm on my cervix.

Thanks cppeace! I think I will definitely try vaginally next month! My son often wakes me in the night too which could contribute to some of the erratic temps!

The recommendation is for 3 hours of unbroken sleep before temping (I know how hard that is with a kiddo, ugh).

Is your cervix hard or soft? That sounds pretty open to me, but it can tend to be more open after having kids. The texture can tell you more, and if you check it every day, you definitely start to pick up what's what during the various stages of your cycle just from experience.

I don't check it everyday but I have checked it when ovulating and before my period and other random times in my cycle! I would say it's currently medium, not really hard but not soft either.

Hmm. Not sure! You know what's normal for you. :)

Looking at your chart again, it shows an override, as well as two ignored temps. What's going on there?

I put the override in as I'm fairly sure that's when I ovulate due to the pain and the positive opk, I may take it out thought as my temps change! The two ignored temps are when I only had an hour sleep before taking them so I ignored them. Is that the right thing to do do you think?

The app will estimate your ovulation date based on the entered data, I'd just let it do its thing in that regard. As for the overrides, they also recommend not overriding unless something is seriously wrong. If all the other details for those temps are okay (right time, before getting up, etc.), I'd leave them in, even if you didn't get the right amount of sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"