Espresso crib color

olivetree83

Jon, Hollie, Olivia, & #2
Reaction score
Has anybody purchased an espresso in color crib. Can you tell me if that color is solid black or a dark brown?

I found this crib and it looks black to me but the reviews say it's reddish brown. I want reddish brown.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Child-of-Mine-by-Carter-s-Chamfer-Arch-3-in-1-Crib-Espresso/11045703

Most of my furniture at home is expresso- Its a very very dark brown- when the house is dar, it looks almost black, but if the windows are open, you can see the hint of brown- The stuff I own that is expresso dont have any kind of "reddish:" in it- The crib is gorgeous!

Most of my furniture at home is expresso- Its a very very dark brown- when the house is dar, it looks almost black, but if the windows are open, you can see the hint of brown- The stuff I own that is expresso dont have any kind of "reddish:" in it- The crib is gorgeous!

Thank you. It just looks completely black to me. My little girls colors are dark brown, creme, and a rosy peach so i dont know if that goes. :( I wish there were better pictures. I love this crib too. I'm going vintage so I like that it looks like an older style crib but not cheap or modern. But the price is nice and cheap! haha

I read the reviews as well, and I'm sure it would come as a reddish brown. Pictures online are often "off" a bit with the color.

I read the reviews as well, and I'm sure it would come as a reddish brown. Pictures online are often "off" a bit with the color.

I know I guess I'm just wondering if I should go off of the photograph or the questions at the bottom.. it's a great price-a steal really and i know i could always return it..just would rather not hastle with that ya know? :dohh:

Thank you. It just looks completely black to me. My little girls colors are dark brown, creme, and a rosy peach so i dont know if that goes. :( I wish there were better pictures. I love this crib too. I'm going vintage so I like that it looks like an older style crib but not cheap or modern. But the price is nice and cheap! haha

I am also getting my crib from walmart- Their prices are amazing compared to everywhere else Ive looked- I LOVE the color combination for your little girl's nursery!!!!

I am also getting my crib from walmart- Their prices are amazing compared to everywhere else Ive looked- I LOVE the color combination for your little girl's nursery!!!!

Thanks sweetie, i'm going really vintage and feminine so I think this crib would work. Do you think I should just go for it and if it's just too dark i'll return it? I am going to have creme bedding so that might bring out more of the red tones as opposed to the black...i dont' know! :shrug:

help me dolphin i'm really indecisive haha.

omg Olive I have the same EXACT question. We are also looking at a walmart crib. We are looking at a Storkcraft brand one and I'm in the same boat I can't decide between the "Espresso" and "Cherry" because I really like the dark wood with a hint of red and it's sooooo hard to tell from pictures. I'm worried that the cherry would be too red or the espresso would be too black, so I dont know which way to go!! LOL

omg Olive I have the same EXACT question. We are also looking at a walmart crib. We are looking at a Storkcraft brand one and I'm in the same boat I can't decide between the "Espresso" and "Cherry" because I really like the dark wood with a hint of red and it's sooooo hard to tell from pictures. I'm worried that the cherry would be too red or the espresso would be too black, so I dont know which way to go!! LOL

Ugh this sucks so bad! I almost wish I had the option of another color, this one that I like only comes in the espresso. It's just I can't get past the price and it would ship to our home for $9. I tried to get a crib from Sears this morning and they wanted to charge us $70 shipping which would have made the total price around $300.00 for the crib. No thanks!

I guess I'll just go for it and if it just doesn't work I'll have to return it. I really love the crib and I am head over heels for the price! I've read the reviews and the Q&A section says reddish brown or dark rich brown so I'm just going to assume it's brown! :shrug: While a cherrywood would be pretty it wouldn't go with the colors I'm hoping for but neither does black. i'm taking a huge leap of faith here!

Let me know what you decide, send me the link of the one you're looking at! :)

Olive this is the one I'm thinking I like the best. I like the price too!
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Storkcraft-Tuscany-4-in-1-Crib-Cherry/11154496

There is also a coordinating dresser/table of the same brand/color and I wanted a matching set so it's perfect.

It's just so frustrating like you said not knowing the true color. Like when you're browsing all the cribs all the color names look different then others like some brands "cherry" look red and some brands "cherry" just look brown and with the espresso it's the same some look like a gorgeous deep brown and some look black so I really can't decide!! LOL DH and I went to the Walmart store to see what they had on display and they only had a few and none were the brand we were looking at so we couldn't see the color in person. maybe they have a sample of the one you like in-store?? I think like you said we may just have to order it and see when it comes in if we don't like it we'll have to send it back!

It shouldn't be black. We have a lot of espresso furniture and it all varies in color because its all different brands.

Thanks sweetie, i'm going really vintage and feminine so I think this crib would work. Do you think I should just go for it and if it's just too dark i'll return it? I am going to have creme bedding so that might bring out more of the red tones as opposed to the black...i dont' know! :shrug:

Honestly I think it will look amazing! The creme will def brighten up the dark brown, and then the pop of the rose peach color will just make it perfect! I would buy the crib, and if anything you can always return it- Walmart is awesome about returns! But I think you wont have to!!!!

It shouldn't be black. We have a lot of espresso furniture and it all varies in color because its all different brands.

I'm fine with dark brown I just don't want black. Thank you.

Honestly I think it will look amazing! The creme will def brighten up the dark brown, and then the pop of the rose peach color will just make it perfect! I would buy the crib, and if anything you can always return it- Walmart is awesome about returns! But I think you wont have to!!!!

I'm going for it, I just bought it! :) Yay! Can't wait til it arrives so I can disect the color for real!

Hey Olive I havn't seen you on in a while but I've been wondering how your crib ordering turned out!!! Did you receive it yet? Do you like the color etc? I was also wondering if you were purchasing a matching dresser or changing table from walmart also?

We hadn't decided 100% and were moving so not ready to order but now I went and looked at the ones we liked and all the prices have changed and my favorite is not in stock at all! :-(

I am getting my crib from walmart.com too! LOL :)

Hey Olive I havn't seen you on in a while but I've been wondering how your crib ordering turned out!!! Did you receive it yet? Do you like the color etc? I was also wondering if you were purchasing a matching dresser or changing table from walmart also?

We hadn't decided 100% and were moving so not ready to order but now I went and looked at the ones we liked and all the prices have changed and my favorite is not in stock at all! :-(

Hi honey,

I'm usually on everyday! Probably just hiding and I've been lurking more than I have been posting :blush:.

We received our crib a few weeks ago. It is absolutely gorgeous. It's dark brown in color and the picture on Walmart.com made it look as black as night! I was so happy that it turned out to be a dark brown and not the way it looked in the photograph.

I plan on purchasing the matching dresser which is $200 also from walmart.com but we're waiting to save up a little bit more money. It also looks blacker than black in the picture but now that I know what the crib looks like and it's the same collection I feel a lot safer going ahead with the purchase.

I was really happy with walmart.com. They shipped it and it arrived when they told me it would. There weren't any damages and the crib is very sturdy and well built. The only issue I have with walmart.com is they need to upload better photographs because they do become confusing.

Good luck!

the super walmart by my house has tiny little mock ups of all teh baby furniture, i would go and take a sample of your colors/patterns etc and see what you think!!

I really like their cribs too... i mean for the money you cant go wrong especially when it isnt going to be a permanent peice of furniture! :):)

I agree Effy. We got our Carter's crib for $100.00, you just really can't beat that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"