Estate agents (credit checks)

x-MummyToBe-x

Preggo with #2
Reaction score
Anyone know of any estate agents that don't do credit checks? been on gumtree but there isn't really much going on there atm.

They are all going to at some point if your thinking of getting a mortgage though them.

I'm currently going through a re-mortgage and I will be having to have a credit check for it too.

Ah, not sure about renting :flower:

Most do for renting. You can always research online at your local ones and phone up and ask?

heya hun, they do them even if u are renting, but OH says they are not as severe. he rented with a mate before we bought our house, and the pair of them had veeeeerry poor ratings lol. so i wouldnt panic. we then managed to get a mortgage with his rating still not being brilliant xxx

your best bet is private or if you can get someone to be a garantor (sp)for you, when we got our house they credit checked me and OH and he had a great credit rating all the rent comes out of his account, but they still checked me mine was crap and i had to get my brother to be my garantor x

All agency's check now and if you don't pass they ask for a guarantor I was really luck as this house my parents live next door and they knew my landlady for years xx

All of them check, but they arent in depth checks. Just to verify who you are and where you live, like an electoral roll check. Unless you have loads of CCJ`s, I wouldnt worry

Or does anyone know of any sites like gumtree where there are private rentals?

I would have thought all agents will do a credit check as the landlord can get insurance against you damaging the property if you have been correctly referenced. And they also get to justify their extortionate referencing charging!
All of my friends who have rented privately has been through word of mouth or in the local paper or shop advertisements.

We rent and were told they would do credit checks on us, filled out the forms etc, and then they told us we had passed them fine. When I spoke to our previous landlord, just before moving out, he told us they hadn't even called him for a reference, and they didn't bother calling my husband's work either to check if he really worked there! So they say they do credit checks but I'm not sure exactly how in-depth they are! But it might be worth looking in your local paper too, ours has a page of private rentals near the back xx

Some agents are less 'fussy' than others. In one flat I lived in with a friend, they accepted her even though she didn't even have a bank account and only a cash in hand job so no pay slips etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->