Estrogen, prepping for fet...emotional rant

Erin6714

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

This is my first time doing everything IVF. I've already had my egg retrieval and I'm scheduled to do my FET on 8/16!!

I took my first doses of Estrace last night and this morning and I've had the Everell patch on since last night. Is it normal to feel overly emotional already!? It hasn't even been 24 hours...granted I'm in the middle of AF post retrieval and its been a rough one. Is it just a combination of everything? Should I expect to be a basket case for the next several weeks??

Also, we have 3 embryos that we are waiting to get PGS results back from. We find out on 8/7, one week! I am so nervous about those results. What if we lose them all? Or even just 1 or 2...I'll be super grateful for the one that's left but that means we only get the one chance or we start all over.

Oh and DH and I CANNOT agree on a girl name...yes I know we have time to make this decision but we're years in to the name picking and we havn't been able to agree on ANYTHING but boys. Its really starting to depress me. We are so good at being on the same page about nearly everything else.

All of these thoughts just keep running through my mind and I randomly find myself on the verge of tears over it all, even as I sit here at my desk at work trying to do my job. The anxiety is so real. For anyone else feeling this way at any part of your cycles, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I mean, this is the most important thing I've ever tried to do in my life. It's the only thing I've ever wanted to this degree of wanting and its absolutely terrifying. For all the excitement...it is equally terrifying...because I know any alternative end result will mean heartache like I've never felt before.

Ever since we got that first 0 sperm count back in January I've felt like I've been holding my breath with only the littlest gasps of relief here and there. Now that we're so close... its like I'm being truly suffocated by equal measures of hope and despair. Can anybody else relate to feeling this way??

It is normal to be that crazy emotional, especially during af and then estrace on top of it. A cycle after IVF is super crazy hormonal as well, so that doesn't help.
Wish your luck in the test results on the embryos. Just know you did all that you have done and can do at this point, the only thing you can do is hope.
As for the girls name ... relax. This is really not something to stress about, like not even a little bit.
Me and my husband haven't really ever talked or agreed on baby names and we have been at this for six years. There are so many things to get upset and angry about during this journey, this shouldn't be one of them.

Good luck Hun, wishing you well!

This whole process is one to make us crazy emotional, then add in the hormones and it all let's loose!

Wishing you the best on your PGS results. I kept hoping for 3-4 normals, but knew it would only take one. I was happy to get exactly what I wanted, I hope you do too! Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->