Eurgh the smell of my house is making me ill...LONG RANT :(

Kayleigh Lou

Reaction score
Yesterday me n hubby got home from work and our house had a faint smell of urine. We've had this before but thought maybe it was coming up through the loo.

BUT when we entered the bathroom...oh jeez!!! The smell was so so sooooooo bad. We are a ground floor flat with two flats above us. So we phoned the council and asked them if they could come and investigate. Being 3 months pregnant my nose is pretty good and i was more than 100% that the smell was coming through the soil stack covering.

The council have come round, removed the boxing in that covered the soil stack. They couldnt find no leak. SO theyve have to leave the covering off and they are coming back Monday morning if the smell is still lingering. BUt removing the covering had made it so much worse. My house stinks like a public lav if not worse :cry:

I got up this morning and i am so close to tears. Its worse and now i can not even go to the toilet its that bad in there. We have all the windows open and incense burning and nothing is budging this smell.

In previous months ive had upstairs dog urinate on their floor and its come through a crack in the ceiling onto my bed. Me and hubby have moved into what will be the babies nursery as its happened so many times.

Im at my wits end. The council will not come back out until monday as its now not classed as an emergency as there is no leak.

Sorry for the rant guys but i dont even want to go to the toilet. :nope::cry:

aw man that sucks, i feel for you so bad because the normal smell of my house makes me feel sick and thats just hormones, but to smell that xx

i hope you get it sorted fast, if i were you, make sure the do something bout it on monday and dont let them be lazy about it make sure something gets done , pressure them xx

My stomach turned just reading this! Poor you!! I hope they get it sorted out immediately! (and I hope your upstairs neighbours get rid of their dog..... eeeeyyyyyuuuuccchh!) :hugs:

Do you think i would have a case with the rspca....2nd floor flat with a dog who never goes out to use the loo???? I feel sorry for it. I know they have 3 cats too

Do you think i would have a case with the rspca....2nd floor flat with a dog who never goes out to use the loo???? I feel sorry for it. I know they have 3 cats too

Definitely! Poor animals :( I think you can phone annon. so they shouldn't know who phoned it in. Also you shouldn't have to suffer just because they are too lazy and cruel to take their pets out! Imagine how bad it is in their flat if it is coming into your flat! Not only will it help the problem you are having but it might help some ill treated animals.

Good luck! x

Most councils don't allow animals in flats!! Do you have a communal main doorway?? if so then that is a definate no no for animals in flats :( I would not only phone the RSPCA but contact the council and find out if they are allowed to keep animals such as cats and dogs in a second floor flat.

If they are not taking their dog/cats out for their toilet needs then they are deffinatly neglecting their animals.

uurrggh totally feel for you, for some reason my kitchen just totally stinks to me at the mo i think its the fridge but if i have to go in there i like run and hold my breath its horrible, does anyone know when the strong sense of smell thing calms down a bit?

I dont agree that people shouldnt be able to keep animals in flats as if you look after them properly then there should be no problem. iam on the 7th floor with a dog and she gets taken out very often and deffinately gets walked more than anyones who live in a house as by time iv made it all the way downstairs i mite aswell walk her properly.

I really dont like it when people say animals shouldnt be allowed in flats, why shouldnt we be able to enjoy having a pet as long as you are responsible and respect that other people are living close by. Sorry rant over lol, its just been difficult to find places to live that will accept a dog as its gets ruined by the few irresponsible ppl.

I feel for you with the urine smell. I live in a trailor and had two dogs. They are puppy pad trained when I am not home and when I am they go outside. The male dog started to use the bathroom on the carpets so I thought by fixing the smell just to give him away I still have my female dog and her scent is bothering me too but I just can't seem to get rid of her she was my baby during a very difficult time and through out my ttc. I have shampooed the carpets, have candles, airfreshener spray and nothing works. Its a faint smell but to a pregnant one it is strong. I am afraid I will have to get rid of my dog and I don't know how to do that bc it would just break me. But this smell has to go. I don't know what else to do..

Sorry for hijacking your post I just wanted to let you know your not alone with the smell.

I wouldnt mind if it was my pets but the smell isnt my fault :( The smell in my bath room also is human urine!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick:

Ive been out all day and just come home. The whole house reeks. :cry:

Ive told the council about dog wee coming through my ceiling in the bedroom and they have been upstairs to talk to her and they know she has other pets (they were the ones who told me) :shrug: One day it happened just after i got into bed after being home 5 mins from having a laparoscopy (sp) for my ectopic. They didnt care i was covered in urine. Ive had to throw away sheets, duvets. Then they had the cheek to tell me it was water so i collected a specimen one day and asked the council man to smell it. Funny how he wouldnt put his nose in the pot :haha:

It feels like im being made to live like a tramp just because other people here seem to do so and its soooo annoying.

That is utterly vile. U must keep on at the council till its sorted x

oh dear could you not move? a flat where wee comes through the celling...not nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->