Evap or BFP?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
I always see so many ladies asking if their pregnancy test is an evap or FRER. After 5 pregnancies I've had quite a few evaps in my time so I have decided to post them so that you all can see for yourself some examples. Most of them were inverted to help see the line better. Hope this helps some of you!

Pic #1 was a dye run (you can see the dye where it collected to the left of the strip) and was actually an early BFP for me. I had two of them that looked like this the day before my BFP was confirmed. Don't know is this was a bad batch or what, as I ordered them online, but my new batch of ICs never had any dye runs.

Pic #2 was a dye run also but this was a true negative. Again, you can see where the dye collected to the left of the strip.

Pic #3 Now I really thought this was a true BFP. The line even looks a little green on invert and a little pink in real life, but this ended up being negative for me. This was on a Walmart 88 cent cheapie.

Pic #4 This one is hard to see but this was taken last cycle using the new curvy handled FRER. I do not like them. I saw a pencil thin line in real life and on invert, but it must have been the antibody strip because follow up tests proved :bfn:

Pic #5 was a true evap. When inverted, you can see a line but it looks like a shadow. In real life it was greyish.

Attachments

• dyerunearlypos.jpg
    dyerunearlypos.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 29
  • dyerunneg.jpg
    dyerunneg.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 26
  • evap2.jpg
    evap2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 28
  • frer_antibody.jpg
    frer_antibody.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 41
  • hptneg (2).jpg
    hptneg (2).jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 23
Now here are some lines that DID turn into BFPs but were hard to tell if they were evaps or not.

Pic #1 This was an 88 cent Walmart cheapie at 10 dpo. Look how faint that line is! Yet it turned out to be a BFP in my case...

Pic #2 This was a FRER taken at 10 dpo. You really need to use invert in order to see the line because if you saw it without the invert, you wouldn't think it was there.

Pic #3 For those of you who use those horrible ICs that take FOREVER to get a true positive, here is one that I took at 10 dpo (top) and 15 dpo (bottom). Now at 15 dpo a store bought pregnancy test would more than likely be pretty dark.

Pic #4 was taken when my hcg levels were between 40-50 miu for comparison of how light a test line would be when levels were that high.

Pic #5 was taken at 9 dpo with an ultra sensitive 10 miu strip. These strips had to be ordered online, as I could never find them sold in stores. Don't be discouraged if you use a 25 miu test (the standard early pregnancy tests sold at most stores) and don't get a line at 9 dpo because now you see how very faint the line was for me at 9 dpo on even a very sensitive test.

Attachments

• #3-9dpo.jpg
    #3-9dpo.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 83
  • _4-10dpo_opt.jpg
    _4-10dpo_opt.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 37
  • #5-10dpo(invert).jpg
    #5-10dpo(invert).jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 31
  • _4-15dpo_opt.jpg
    _4-15dpo_opt.jpg