Evening Primose Oil???

Lyrah

Mummy to my beautiful H<3
Reaction score
I have some of this, though I'm not sure what it does?

What's it for?

xxxxx

Many benefits, but the main one when TTC is it encourages production of EWCM.

To a lesser extent than Vit B6 and Agnus Castus it can also help regulate hormones. great for helping with pre-menstrual pains and tensions.

I personally stop taking it after Ov and replace it wth Fish oil based Omega 3's (both Essential fatty Acids) as, (although it seems to be contentious and unproven), some studies suggest taking EPO after Ov may increase risk of miscarriage.

Thanks lovely :D

That's helped a great deal :)

xxxx

I took this from last AF til Ovulation and it helped LOADS with egcm. I swear by it! Drink grapefruit juice too - that is the other thing I tried. Totally worked for me.

Lyns is right though about stopping it after O - it is supposed to cause uterine contractions and thus makes it difficult for the egg to implant.

Good luck! :hugs:

Thank u :)

So I take them up until ovulation.. and then I stop while I ovulate.. and then take them again?

xxxx

Stop taking them a ovulation and dont take them again until (IF!) :witch: turns up again... You can replace them with flax seed oil in between O and AF but I didnt bother doing this. :)

Thanks gals I was wondering about it too. I need some thing to regulate my cycles.

defo dont take em after O as it can give u some sort of utreal contractions and u cud mc (somat like this!) but i know u need 2stop after O :)

When I was first ttc , I was unaware that you were supposed to stop taking evening primrose oil after ov.

Fot the whole 8 months we were TTC, I had spotting from from 7dpo which I had never done before.

The month I stopped taking it from ov, I conceived.

I'm convinced I conceived all those other times but the evening primrose oil caused uterine contractions

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->