Evening primrose and progesterone creams?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by LJ88, Oct 2, 2013.

1. LJ88

LJ88 Well-Known Member

I wondered if anybody had any experience or views on these?

I posted yesterday after Concluding that I may be suffering from low progesterone levels (no official testing but I keep spotting mid cycle and after reading a few articles it seems pretty likely that I may have suffered a VERY early miscarriage - all symptoms of low progesterone).

A couple of the articles mentioned creams you can use to increase levels slightly... Would anybody recommend these?

Also I saw somebody els on here mention that taking evening primrose upto ovulation may help?

Feeling like a novice! Lol please help!

2. SweetPotatoPi

SweetPotatoPi Love & Happiness...

Hi LJ88. I don't know if this will help you or not but here is a post I did in TTCAL that has some links that have been beneficial to me while figuring out my hormonal issues. I don't know about EPO so can't comment on that but I will be adding natural/bio-identical progesterone for sure. I do know though that estrogenic herbs made my issues worse b/c of the kind of imbalance I seem to be fighting. GL! The search to figure out WTF is going on with our bodies is a wild one for sure ain't it? :wacko:

3. LJ88

LJ88 Well-Known Member

Ty for your reply! Very helpful!
    This baby making malarkey has turned into a real science lol think I'm going to try the progesterone creams next month! After looking at your thread I did find a site (the forum won't let me post a link yet -not enough posts) try googling 'natural-fertility-info'
    Not sure how it stands research wise but quite useful and easy to understand if it helps anybody else!

4. SweetPotatoPi

SweetPotatoPi Love & Happiness...

I know right! What happened to all that talk about if we just looked at a guy cross-eyed we'd be good and preggers before the sun set :telephone: . And yes! I love the Natural Fertility Info site; that's one of the ones I linked in my post :thumbup: . And of course Google Scholar is a great search engine for abstracts, papers, etc. Love me some GS :) .