• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Evening primrose oil

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
What are the pros and cons of evening primrose oil? I've read that can increase CM. I have a few concerns. Does it mess up or throw off your cycle or ovulation or LH? Is there more pros than cons? Is there more cons than pros? All answers welcome.
:)

I tried evening primrose when ttc my second baby. I found it increased cm loads and I got my bfp that cycle. Give it a go I'd say. Good luck x

Hi,
I read this on some other forum:
Take Evening Primrose Oil (High Strength) from first day of period for 14 days, then stop at ovulation and DON’T take for another 14 days or until your period comes again. EPO can cause your period to start, that is why you only take it up until ovulation, not after. It’s a stop and start supplement not to be taken permanently. If pregnant, don’t take. But keep using this procedure until you do become pregnant! Evening Primrose Oil is a herb that is often used specifically to help increase cervical mucus. Evening primrose oil is an essential fatty acid that is also an anti-inflammatory. Evening primrose oil will not only help to increase cervical mucus, it can also help to increase the quality and effectiveness of cervical mucus, and produce more “egg-white cervical mucus.” GQCM can help the sperm reach the egg easier. It can make the uterus a less 'hostile' place. Taken over time, it can help reduce the narrowing of vessels and promotes blood flow. If you are not trying naturally, i.e.: having fertility treatment, then you can take throughout your treatment non-stop, but PLEASE stop in the 2WW, as it can bring on uterine contractions and therefore make you bleed/have your period.

I started epo 3 months ago. After I ended my last clomid cycle. I can not ovulate on my own, however I combined b complex with epo and oed 10 days ago 😮😮 couldn't believe it. The epo did make me very crampy unexpectedly but I had loads of cm especially ewcm when I suspect I oed. I highly think the epo is balancing my hormones and helping me o but thats just my opinion. 😍

It didn't change my cycle at all and it did give me a lot of ewcm. I just take it before ovulation. No negatives to it from my perspective!

It really improved my cm a lot! And it brought my O day forward about 5 days, which is awesome for me as I was Oing around cd19-21. Hoping it's done the trick for me this cycle. Can't see any negatives as long as you stop taking it after O day.

@fxmummyduck

Hi. I'm 37 and been married almost 2 years now. I used to have normal cm before but somehow 3 months before I was to be married I literally went dry. For 2 years now I hardly ever see any cm and ewcm is a sight that I'd kill for. Needless to say I've been ttc but to no avail. I'm interested in knowing your details... like were you very dry? How often did you see ewcm if at all? And what advice would you have for me since you overcame this. I also don't ovulate I think because of my severe pcos. A year now of wasting away every opk brand under the sun and never a positive opk result. Supposed to start clomid 50mg from next period. I'm new to the forum and I'd love for all the help I can get. Please do reply I'll desperately be looking forward to hearing from you
Thank you.

People who use this, do you take it tablet/capsule form or the liquid? I can't really swallow tablets but all the reviews I can find online say that the liquid tastes awful!

I take the capsule form, it's not too big, have you tried capsule?
I've never tried liquid form
People who use this, do you take it tablet/capsule form or the liquid? I can't really swallow tablets but all the reviews I can find online say that the liquid tastes awful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"