evening primrose oil?

expecting76

Reaction score
wondering if any of you ladies has tried using epo to ripen the cervix these last few weeks of pregnancy. i've heard it can help taken orally or even inserted into the vagina. any experience with this? thanks!!

Here's a previous post I have bookmarked for that very info:

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...eaf-tea-rlt-evening-primrose-oil-epo-faq.html

X

thanks! i did read this and a lot of other info before posting but i was hoping to hear from people who'd tried it, and what their experience was. doesn't seem to be very popular on here, though!!

I did. Took orally for 2 weeks, and then started vaginally for a few days, but I just decided it wasn't for me. Not really sure why ... I've researched it and RLT a lot, and I really think RLT may help, but I just wasn't as convinced by EPO research/info, or by people's experiences. I think it doesn't hurt to take it though, especially if it makes you feel like you're *doing* something, if you see what I mean? And so makes you more confident/relaxed about labour - that's my opinion anyway!

Hi, I was planning in taking EPO from 36 weeks as I swear by it for helping mood swings ect and also read that it helps soften the cervix. But now I have fount out it is a natural blood thinner so it has put me off taking it just incase I have to have a ceasarian or anything I am going to ask my midwife when I see her next and see what sge advises.

I also wanted to take RLT but again they advise you not to take it if you have planned surgery so I am a bit reluctant to take that too. Also IOU shouldn't take it if you have a family history or medical history of PCOS, endometriosis, breast cancer or ovarian cancer.

I think I am just going to let nature take it's course and just go on extra walks and bounce on my birthing ball lol

I will be taking EPO when I have stopped breast feeding though as it works wonders for my mood swings during PMT lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->