Evening Primrose Oil

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Mrs. Kim, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Mrs. Kim

Mrs. Kim Mother of one daughter

Hey Ladies,
    I've added Evening Primrose Oil for this month in hopes that it will give me some good results. Anybody have any experience with using this? TIA

2. dachsundmom

dachsundmom Mommy To A Needy Husband

This is my first cycle using it and it looks like I am OVing almost 5 days early.

3. artiste

artiste Well-Known Member

where do you get it? health store?

4. Hopingitwill

Hopingitwill Pregnant

I read somewhere that it affects your cycles but cant remember if it shortens them causing you to ov early or if it makes LP longer! Sorry not much help but you might need to start opking earlier just incase!

5. Mrs. Kim

Mrs. Kim Mother of one daughter

Oh no, I guess I need to buy more OPK's because I only have 7 days worth. I'm on CD 8 how soon should I start testing?

@ Artiste, I bought mines from Rite Aid. I believe they are Nature Bounty brand. You can probably find them at Walmart or any store that sells vitamins.

6. Hopingitwill

Hopingitwill Pregnant

I would start now (better safe than sorry)using internet cheapies and if you have CBFM. When you get pos opk perhaps confirm with clear blue. Would hate you to miss it because of starting a new rememdy - would defeat the whole purpose! GL

7. Babee_Bugs

Babee_Bugs #4 Due in October!

I got some evening primrose oil today, the lovely lady at the health store reccomended it aswell as agnus castus :) x

8. Madrid98

Madrid98 Well-Known Member

I've giving a go this cycle. First time as well as soy. I had O about 8 days earlier than normal which is what I was looking for. The only thing they've told me is that you should stop when you reach O as one of the side effects is that it may contract your uterus.

XX

9. Kimbre

Kimbre DD 7 years. SO and baby

wanting to try this out this cycle. does anyone know when you start taking it?? and does it lengthen your luteal phase?

10. Hopingitwill

Hopingitwill Pregnant

From what I have read you take it from cycle day 1 up until you ovulate. Think it helps increase cm. However, I dint hink it us recommended after ovulation because as it shortens your cycle doesn't allow time for lp and can cause bleeding. Double check though as I may be wrong!

11. Vic20581

Vic20581 TTC n i have PCOS

Iv bought some epo 1000mg, how many are u takin a day?
    xx

12. house2home

house2home Active Member

Uh-oh. I've been taking it this month as well, but didn't realize you're supposed to stop at ovulation...

Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure I ovulated early this month too, as i had egg white CM from CD9; that's never happened before. I shall stop taking it today!

Thanks for posting this x

13. gypsy1981

gypsy1981 Mum and expecting #2

You're definitely supposed to stop taking it at ovulation as it causes the muscles in the cervix to relax and can cause possible miscarriages if you manage to conceive. I think it's only a precaution though so I wouldn't worry too much that you didn't stop - just make sure you stop at ovulation going forward!

I've been using it for the first time this cycle and have noticed a massive increase in EWCM. Not sure if it's down to the grapefruit juice or the EPO or a combination of both but something is definitely doing the trick! :)