Evening wedding reception & babies bed time at 7pm, how does this work!!

Julie74d

Reaction score
I was wondering what to do really. I have a evening wedding reception tomorrow night starting at 5pm and my LO who is 6 1/2 months usually goes to bed at 7pm. Not sure if she will sleep in pushchair with all the noise and will probably get really grouchy when it comes to bed time. Just wondering what other moms would do or if they have been in this situation before.

OMG I have the exact same problem, I don't even know what time the one I am invited to as haven't had the official invite yet but I just know it will cause issues. All family are going too so no babysitters, plus I would want her to go if I went.

Is it in a hall, or in a marquee in someones garden ? how about seeing if theres like a spare room in the house/venue or cloakroom and take a baby monitor? The caterers may be able to keep an eye on them too.

Im not saying leave them but if you have a quiet room and a monitor close by and you can sit outside the room it may be better than in a pushchair next to the hokey cokey and the birdie song!

I had this problem. Baby was 4 weeks old so maybe he was at the stage where he slept through everything still

We have a wedding tomorrow aswell, all day though - we are taking Chloe and then in the evening about 7.30pm my OH's mum and dad are going to come and get her and her for the night so we can enjoy the alcohol :)

Before they suggested doing this we were going to keep her with us, just see how she went and give her her last bottle there put her in her buggy and see how she went, its only one night was my thinking and if she wasn't impressed we obviously wouldn't of stuck around too late.

Good luck

We had this last week, Alex is 6 months old and goes to sleep at 8. We were at the wedding all day and then for the evening reception too.

We found a quiet room to change Alex and do as much of his bedtime routine as possible, we fed him his last bottle there and got him to sleep in his car seat. He woke up briefly from the noise of the band but managed to get himself back to sleep again.

Here's a picture of him

https://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs200.snc1/6772_218068070246_829660246_7901851_3172146_n.jpg

Thank you, I feel a bit guilty that wasn't a massively helpful post :blush:

Julie, I would try and find somewhere quiet - a room at the hotel or even in your car - and get Kaitlynn ready for bed, give her her last feed and try and get her to sleep away from the noise. Then when you think she's in a sound sleep take her into the reception room. We found it easier keeping Alex in the car seat, then we didn't have to disturb him when we left - and it meant that we could easily leave him with other people and have the odd dance.
As you can see from our pic he was loaded up with dummy and comforter just in case!

Hope you have a fab time, we really enjoyed our first wedding wiht Alex, felt so proud showing him off and something about it all felt different - I don't know how to explain it but it was just much nicer :)

I had liam who was the same age at an all day wedding , he wasnt well that day though, he was in hospital that morning with a high temp it was a virus and because he was drinking fluids and his temp was normal and he was fine we got out in time, he was fine untill the reception it was roasting hot so so changed him in a quite room and gave him his bottle and he settled into his pram to sleep went hom at 9 it would have been fine if he was feeling himself. You may find that the music will help LO sleep! Good luck hun x

i went to an evening bbq for my sisters bday when lo was 4 months ish, and he just stayed up a little late and when he got tired fell asleep being cuddled, i carried him around for a bit and then put him in pushchair , it might mean a disturbed night or two but as long as you do your best to stick to your usual routine afterwards it probably wont bother him that much.
mind you my lo has always been a fairly good sleeper, and he found the bbq too interesting to go to sleep at normal time anyway , a quiet room may help if you cuddle him to sleep in it then put him down in push chair.
at the end of the day its only one night so i wouldnt worry too much just see how it goes on the night, and make sure youtake blakets etc.. incase it get chilly

i know its kind of not the same but we went on hols recently to haven and we took the older kids to the evening entertainment/club we just went to the baby change to change him and massage him then gave him a bottle and he slept in his pram, the music and noise didnt seem to bother him in the least once he went to sleep

i've got wedding tomorrow 4 till late we'll probably only stay till 10pm i'm going to take his pj's with me to put him in, i got a feeling he'll stay awake though, i think one day out of the routine wont ruin everything, if he gets too grouchy i'll make my excuses.

xx

I had the same situation only 3 weeks ago... and I chose to go home and skip the evening do. However, if i'd have chosen to stay, my plan was to get a room at the hotel the evening do was being held at, putting LO to bed in a travel cot in the room and then taking the monitor down to the evening do. Can't think of how else I could have worked it to be honest?

I wouldn't be able to take Elliot, he just won't sleep in his pushchair for long and noise just wakes him up. He's a pain at the mo with sleeping anyway, so the whole idea of taking him out on an evening just stresses me out! And he's in his big car seat now, so no handy baby seat to carry around.

I'd ideally find a quiet room to get him changed/fed etc and take it from there.

keely.

It's my DH's best friend's wedding in sept (DH is the best man!), the place is an hour and a half away and it's in the afternoon/evening so wont end untill 11 or 12. My parents have agreed to have Kathryn for the day and overnight too so we can go and not have to worry about her. And that way we wont have to deal with a tired baby at night and we wont have to leave early.

We went to a new years party when Seth was 6 months. Loud music, party poppers etcetc and he slept the whole way through it in his car seat lol

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->