Ever Feel Like You Don’t Want to TTC Anymore?

Robynxo

Finally there! Due in July 2019!
Reaction score
Hey ladies. Not sure if this is the right place for this.

I’ve been TTC about a year and 3 years NTNP before that. I’d been so sure I wanted kids a month or two ago.

My younger sister had a baby a few months ago and I babysit him while she works and a lot when she’s off, which equates to me watching him about 50 hours a week.

Now I’ve babysat many children before without feeling like this. And I love my nephew so much, but lately, I just want to cry because I feel like I can’t do ANYTHING and I just want time to myself. I’m now thinking maybe I was wrong to want a baby and kind of relieved I haven’t had one. It makes me sad to say that and I never thought I would, but I can’t deny how I feel.

I guess the question here is if this overwhelming feeing will go away or not? I’m sure it’s different with your own child but I just get very overwhemed watching him for hours every day and I know you ladies who have had children do so much more than that and I applaud you for it. I just don’t know if it’s just a stressful time and I’ll get over it or if it’s truly me changing my mind.

Babies can be overwhelming especially when not your own. I think we tolerate it a bit easier when it is your own child. I remember just wanting to be able to take a SHOWER at one point when I had my first. I wasn't able to eat even when starving until someone else could look after her for me. My partner at the time (no longer with him) was not helpful though so it was all on me to do everything. I think if you have a good support person it should be a lot easier. I would do it all over again though just to have my two kids. They amaze me every day and life would have been so bland with out them! I can't even imagine a life with out them. It does get easier and you will get time to yourself again. Time flies also even though it might not feel like it at first.

I genuinely dislike babysitting other people's children. I have two of my own and the feeling is so different.

Is it always sunshine and rainbows? Of course not! :haha: There will definitely be tough times. It's a learning experience, for sure. However, the precious moments with your children really do outweigh the frustrating ones. <3 I personally think it's very rare for someone to regret having a child. I hear of more people who regret not having one.

In the end though, only you can decide what you truly want and what will make you happy. There is not one right answer. :) Take some time to breathe. Do things that you like to do and come back to it. If you truly want a baby, you'll know.

Babies can be overwhelming especially when not your own. I think we tolerate it a bit easier when it is your own child. I remember just wanting to be able to take a SHOWER at one point when I had my first. I wasn't able to eat even when starving until someone else could look after her for me. My partner at the time (no longer with him) was not helpful though so it was all on me to do everything. I think if you have a good support person it should be a lot easier. I would do it all over again though just to have my two kids. They amaze me every day and life would have been so bland with out them! I can't even imagine a life with out them. It does get easier and you will get time to yourself again. Time flies also even though it might not feel like it at first.

Thank you for the advice. I can totally understand your point here. He’s only about 2.5 months old so I just feel like time is dragging on at this point! I can totally see myself in a few years, reminiscing on his baby years lol.

I genuinely dislike babysitting other people's children. I have two of my own and the feeling is so different.

Is it always sunshine and rainbows? Of course not! :haha: There will definitely be tough times. It's a learning experience, for sure. However, the precious moments with your children really do outweigh the frustrating ones. <3 I personally think it's very rare for someone to regret having a child. I hear of more people who regret not having one.

In the end though, only you can decide what you truly want and what will make you happy. There is not one right answer. :) Take some time to breathe. Do things that you like to do and come back to it. If you truly want a baby, you'll know.

Hmm... I’ve heard about many people who dislike babysitting others children and geniuinely enjoying their own. I don’t know, I just figured since I loved babysitting that maybe it was becoming too much and that maybe meant that I wasn’t sure? Maybe I posted in a fit of emotion and wasn’t thinking too wisely :blush: but thank you for the reply!

Hmm... I’ve heard about many people who dislike babysitting others children and geniuinely enjoying their own. I don’t know, I just figured since I loved babysitting that maybe it was becoming too much and that maybe meant that I wasn’t sure? Maybe I posted in a fit of emotion and wasn’t thinking too wisely :blush: but thank you for the reply!

Awe hunny <3 TTC is a tough time emotionally. We get so emotional and wound up and it just seems to get worse with each moth that passes. Don't feel silly <3 This place is the perfect place to vent. You get to say what you want without having to worry about it bothering your personal life. Regardless of scattered thoughts, your emotions will always be valid and important. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->