Everpro - gray away. Safe during pregnancy?

Dia0624

Reaction score
Hey all,

I didn't know where to post this except with those who are pregnant. I'm not pregnant at the moment (WTT & just had a chemical last cycle). Anyway, my question is regarding hair color. I know you are not supposed to color in first tri. Has anyone ever used those sprays during pregnancy? I found one called "everpro gray away" and I was wondering if its safe? I am 30, but my hair have turned very white prematurely and it's so embarrassing if I don't conceal the grays. I've got more in the last year after my m/c's!! I don't know if those sprays also cause any harm?

Thanks in advance!

I did not ask about the spray, but I did ask about hair color because I have had gray hair since my late 20s and now have a really big patch right in the front of my head. She said its not as bad as it used to be and she would be fine to allow me to do it in 1st tri. However, I had a loss previously and she knows I'm a nervous nellie so she advised I wait until 2nd tri so IF something happened, I wouldn't put any blame on the hair color. I would imagine the spray is even less dangerous...

I am also 30 and extremely gray!! My doc said not enough is known and to do it sooner rather than later in the first trimester. I think I was just over 4w when I went. She also said that there is no need for me to feel bad about myself during pregnancy as it should be a happy time. I started a thread about it here:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/2263123-whats-verdict-hair-dye.html

I felt so silly, after all my serious questions that I asked the doctor, I said I had a vain question. And she said pretty much the same thing. Its not vain, you need to feel good and she totally understands it. As if a bloated stomach, but not really having a bump and giant blemishes all over my face were not enough, I have gray patches all over my head! 2-3 more weeks and I'm going for it!

Same boat here! 2-3 weeks. I will be asking my doc on friday when the second trimester start according to her so that I can go again. My hair is growing so fast due to all the folic acid! Not good for the grays. And it is so oily too!

It's a difficult choice but I wonder if it can be that harmful if I only cover the gray in the front and don't let it touch my scalp. The spray I have is so good, it will perfectly do the job but I am not able to find any information about it on the web. Thanks for the link it seems that some women continue to color. I guess I'll the bottle to my doc and see if she has any idea about the spray! It washes off when you shampoo but who knows what chemicals are in it.

Thought of using a natural henna based dye Hun? It's what I use. Perfectly safe as long as you research into it and make sure it's vegatable based as a lot of dyes that claim to be all natural aren't.

When I read about hair dye, I remembered reading about henna and some people said the extra hormones made the hair dye look a different color than when not pregnant? Don't know how much truth is in that, but maybe do a spot test, just in case?

I'm just going to do the root touch up, focusing on the front part that I hate the most. Its on for 12 minutes max and if my doctor says its ok, I trust her.

Mine had a slight reddish hue when under bright sunlight but it's not unpleasant. My hair is dyed black so I'd rather that than light roots and greys lol. Already feel super unattractive as it is! Lol.

I'd trust your doc. I know lots if ladies that have used dye in the first tri and been fine. Never heard of anyone having issues after using it. If you research into it there is very little direct evidence that it is harmful. I'm just a worrier that's why I use the natural stuff.

I colored my hair just before 4 weeks pregnant right after I got my :bfp: because I figured better sooner than later. I've read that it's ok as long as your not exposing yourself to dyes on a regular basis, a few times shouldn't hurt but also that it's best to avoid during first tri, as well as avoiding altogether. It's really your call. I dyed my hair when pregnant with my first (as well as a bunch of other no-no's, young stupid me :nope:) and I'm sure I dyed my hair as well with my second. Both super awesome pregnancies and no complications. If I had a history of MC I agree I would wait just to be safe. You could always sprinkle glitter on your hair to divert attention from the gray :laugh2: Good luck!

Yeah I def won't dye it. I just don't think I can take the risk considering my history. I was just wondering if anyone's used the spray on stuff that washes off. I've tried henna in the past -- not sure if it was vegetable based .. But it dried my hair out and I remember it making it fall out too!!
I think I'll color during the next tww .. At least that will give me 4 weeks lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->