Every day is different, when did you manage to establish a routine?

Michy

Mum and Preggo
Reaction score
I have a bed time routine, bath at 8pm every night and then bottle at 8.30pm and 9 times out of 10 asleep by 9pm, but everything else is hit and miss.

Sometimes he feeds every 2 hours, sometimes 3 hours, he can drink anything from only 20ml to 150ml and it has no relation to how long he has gone since the feed before.

Sometimes he naps every 2 hours, sometimes he sleeps all day, sometimes he doesn't sleep at all.

Get up time in the morning ranges from 6am to 9am.

Sometimes he sleeps through, sometimes he is up every hour in the night, sometimes he wakes every 3 hours.

It is driving me mad!!!! I've tried to force him into a routine over the past week but it has turned him into an almighty grump!

How long did it take before you got a routine going?

I really want to set up a routine with Liss but dunno if she is too young yet. She has a bottle between 5 and 6pm then has a power nap, then is awake until 9pm for next bottle. Sometimes if she goes to 6.30pm she'll skip her last feed and fall asleep around 9 and sleep through.

I really want her to go to bed around 6.30-7pm and stay there. BUT I think she maybe too young still. not sure.

i tried lots to get Annabelle into a routine but somehow she just decided herself that was what she was going to do, i had a run in with HV about not getting enough milk into her throughout the day as she would go 4 hours if not more and then i could only get 4 bottles in her before she went to bed and slept through so i started giving her a bottle every 3 and a half hours and everything just fell into place for us after that

she now
gets up between 6-7am bottle at 7am
8ish nap for half hour
10.30am bottle
nap usually at about 12.30ish for up to an hour if im lucky
1.30 bottle
then 5pm bottle then a bottle at 7pm for bed

we have got 2 means in there now also which is trial and error but wil work it out in the end, try to do whats best for both of you hun but like you aid if he doesnt like it he will very quickly let u know

Lou
xxx

Honestly?? I think it only really settled in the past month you know. It was a rough one before but it seems to have stuck for a while.....except today she threw me a curve ball and didnt want her BF at 12/12.30 - she just wasnt interested....:dohh:....

we have a very loose routine with Hannah. She sleeps through the night (most nights) now and goes to bed almost always at 7 but everything else varies. The number of naps can range anywhere from 2-4 and sometimes she sleeps 2 hours, sometimes 30 minutes. She's not really on many bottles any longer but the amount of solids she eats varies greatly from day to day as well, sometimes she's not that hungry.

We dont really have a routine with Daisy, just kind of go with it through the day, whereas at night it is bang on, bath, bottle, bed.

I was constantly worried about sorting a routine and found it reallt stressful and Daisy got grumpy with it too,then if we were out for the day it would get all messed up so I decided just to leave her and see what happens and that worked best for us.
He is still quite little so i wouldnt worry too much, I think most kind of find their own way into a routine.
xxx

its a tough one hon as i think all babies are different and even when you think you have them sussed they go and do something completely different to the day before!

Fred has a bath at 6.30 pm then feed and bed arounf 7pm

he sleeps till about 6-7am and then at some point in morning will have a nap then again in afternoon, though today he slept 2 hours at lunch which he never normally does!

have you tried stretching his feeds so he takes more at once? he may be grumpy for a while but it could help?

xxx

7 weeks for Tiffany. Her times of feeds vary, but she always has 5 feeds in the day and sleeps from around 8pm-8am. She's been going down at 6 with a top up at 8 for the past few days though. Growth spurt I think! If he wakes in the night and you're confident he's had enough milk in the day you could try offering the dummy? This is what I did with Tiffany to eliminate her night feed. xx

Kathryn has a bedtime routine, and she naps pretty consistently and wakes up at 7am every morning, but getting the in-between daytime routine down is tough for me. Me and DH share a car, so that's a big reason for our lack of schedule, he works different times different days, so it's a bit tough to be consistent.

We don't have a routine. The nearest we have is that he sleeps through the night from about half 9 til half 6, give or take (and now wakes once in the night as he's getting too hungry to go right through now) and has done this since around 3 months. He also has a routine in the morning in that he's only ever awake for about 2 hours at most before needing to have a morning sleep. After that we wing it with him sleeping whenever he's in a carrier or pram and generally whenever he wants to. I don't try to impose a schedule on him during the day as every day is different in what we do and at what times with baby groups etc.

amazingly we actually had one for maddi at 6weeks! and, other than her food times altering as we wean, its pretty much the same ever since! amazing really, we didn't force it, we just followed her and her own routine, for us this worked, though we have always stuck to the same bed time/bath/bottle routine.

i think its best to follow what your baby wants, and go from there, lots of luck tis hard :hugs: x

Every day is different, but Elyse is usually up between 5am and 6am, we play a bit, change her diaper if necessary & have a bottle. Then she usually stays up til around 12-2pm.. this changes daily.. naps until 5/6 and is up for a bottle, goes down again and is awake around 9:30-10pm and stays up til midnight and goes to bed between midnight & 1 after a bottle and sleeps til 5am-6am again:) What we do when she's awake is different everyday..

Brayden was always an every 3 hour eater from the beginning, so I just made sure to feed him after naps and keep him awake after feeding. The actual times have changed, but we still follow that same pattern.

Since he's been on solids, it's gotten a bit more rigid, but not too much.

ATM, he gets up between 7:30 and 9:30 (depending on how rough the night was), has boobie, then breakfast an hour later, stays up another hour or 2, then goes down for a nap. He gets boobie after nap, then lunch about an hour later, and is up for another hour or 2, then gets another nap. He gets boobie, then plays until dinnertime, has dinner, then at 8-8:30 pm, gets a bath, pjs, story, boobie and bed. He's usually out by 9/9:30. He'll wake up 1-2x/night (STILL. UGH). I usually bring him in our bed after DH gets up for work b/c he'll sleep longer that way (Mommy is very tired after 10.5 months of NEVER having slept through).

Star

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"