Every day or every other day?

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
So the last few cycles we've tried to :sex: every other day, but it's occasionally been longer than 48 hours because I work odd shifts so for example we might have to :sex: Tuesday morning and then not until Thursday night. We've had no luck so far so we've been :sex: every day this cycle, but I keep reading different things about it. Is every day only a bad idea if your man has a low sperm count? Or should everyone be taking a break in between?

I think every other day is fine as sperm lives for up to 5 days and it allows them to build up!! X

Id go with every other day to recharge your batteries if you do that through as much of the cycle as you can there should always be a :spermy: around ready for the egg x good luck

I agree with previous posts- every other day seems to work the best. :)

ive been doing alot reading to refresh my memory since ive just this month joined the ttc wagon yay :) everywhere ive read says every 2-3 days is best to concieve :)

baby dust to all

I'm going to do every other day until getting a positive OPK, and then every day until ovulation is confirmed. This is what I've read creates the best rate of conception based on a study I found in PubMed. I might try finding that again if I can....

Every other day will create more sperm but they are slower (not so slow as to impede conception).
Every day has less sperm but they are faster.
yes they can live in us for up to 5 days but "up to" is the phrase you need to focus on. It's not a guarantee and you shouldn't rely on it. We missed our window last cycle because we didn't bd enough due to outside stress (we didn't go more than 3 days without). I didn't use opk's or track cm, just my temp (which was all over the place so FF didn't notice my O) and on day 21 I found out I O'd from the progesterone test but I have no idea what day I did.
So our goal is to bd every day until day 22 or so during this current cycle, I am using opk's starting day 7 and checking CM every day as well.

We are going every other day until a pos OPK then going every day for 3-4 days...

I cant see how doing it everyday would hurt tho... Im sure you OH would love that!

EDIT: Oh and look at that... this was my 69th post and it was about :sex: how perfect!!

Every other day is best , even men with a normal sperm count need at least 24 hours to replenish sperm count some possibly 48 hours, so doing it everyday will lead to a lower sperm count overtime. for the highest sperm count have him abstain for 3-4 days before your positive OPK , in men with normal sperm motility and morphology is generally not affected until 7 days or more of abstinence.
:dust:

I try and do it every other day too. It's worked for me before.

Both of mine were conceived first month by DTD every day from about day 7 to day 21, normally have a 28 day cycle. Now TTC number 3, not sure we can manage every day anymore but will DTD as much as poss!! Gd luck!

Well I think every other day works just fine for most, but my friend's gyn told her to do it every day. If you've been doing every other day and haven't had luck, try every day at least for the days leading up to ovulation, I don't think it could hurt. It's worth a shot! Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->