Everyone keeps saying "you must be so happy!" :/

Jokerette

Mama of 2
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time putting into words what I am feeling. I am if course thrilled to be pregnant and so far have a healthy pregnancy. With my first child I desperately wanted a girl and ended up having a boy. This time, I felt sure I was having a boy again. I feel like I know boys, and I have all the boy clothes and toys and everything. We just got our blood results and they said with 95% accuracy that it is a girl.

Everyone keeps saying "oh my gosh one of each! How perfect you must be so happy!" And I feel like there must be something wrong with me for wishing it was another boy.

Am I thinking this for all the wrong reasons? Like now I feel like I have to buy all new girl clothes and toys and pink stuff... And I'm petrified of all girl drama that might come later.

But then I think maybe it will be awesome... Having a cute little princess to play dress up.

I don't know why... It just really bothers me when people say "oh how perfect one of each" like they just assume that's what we wanted.

Anyway I'm sorry... I'm just hashing out my feelings, not really sure how to type them. I'm sure I will grow to love the idea of a daughter

Aww Hun I'm sure it will all work out in the end :) fear of the unknown lol I'm sure once you start buying all her things it will cheer you up a bit. I must admit I keep saying to myself ( I'm on son number 3 ) that I won't have to deal with all the girl drama in the teen years that myself and my 3 sisters put my poor mum through lol! But I desperately want a daughter so I do think you're lucky to get one of each but it's not the 'perfect' family and I hate it when people say it. My perfect family is going to consist of 3 little boys.
Big :hugs:

Thank you... I know my concerns are very different than others on this forum. I just can't shake the feeling that the little boy I "thought" I was pregnant with was snatched away and replaced with a girl! I need to get used to the idea. I keep calling her by the name hoping it will make me feel more connected

I totally get you, I felt the same with this one. I thought for sure he was a girl I was even saying 'she' then they tell me 'he' and I'm like that can't be right, the look on hubbies face made it even worse ( he wanted a girl with all the boys ) and he still hasn't connected to this pregnancy which makes it so hard.
Big :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"