• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Everything seems so much more expensive...

Avalanche

Reaction score
Everything seems so much more expensive this time around. Went into mother care.... £1,000 for a bugaboo pram?! Are they having a laugh?? (It was gorgeous though, but still!)

I've been looking at prams cause I'll need a double as my daughter won't even be 2 at the time, the ones I've seen are £1000-1200 -shock- I'll never be able to afford that. Luckily that's all I'll need to buy this time other than clothes unless it's another girl :) don't mothercare do a payment plan type thing??

I had my last baby 6 years ago, so I would have to start all new.

But, good thing - now at least I am much more sensible about what baby needs.

Baby needs a pram (travel system) for the first 3 months.

Doesn't need a basket (can sleep in a travel system basinet).

Doesn' t need anything resembling real clothes until 8-9 months (until then jumpsuits).

Doesn' t need all those baby toys. First three months doesn't really need anything. Then a couple is enough.

Will DEFINITELY try to breastfeed. SO MUCH more easier than bottle feeding. And cheaper.

So, I hope, I will be much more rational with money, than with my first.
(Second kinda inherited all the stuff from his brother, so wasn' t much of a spending, except needing a double buggy).

P.S: I do want a Boogaboo or iCandy travel system though... Hmmmm...
Those are SUPER cute. And I had iCandy Apple to Pear with my boys, and it was fab.

To be fair that is one of the most expensive ones out there, have you considered second hand? you can find some really good ones on ebay for a fraction of the rrp. There are also lots of other very good prams/buggies which although also not cheap but are half the price or less.

It needn't be expensive imo.

Tell me about it. The only double pram I want is the bugaboo donkey and it's going to be about £1300 for everything 😭😭😭 none others tick all my boxes.

I also have started to look at second hand bugaboo. Some of them are in great condition and cost 50% less (and lots of extras included).

I think ill be getting second hand.
Also, things like baby bouncers/swings will be getting second hand.

Car seat and isofix base too.

After having first two I realised I don't really need new stuff.

I'm getting the out n about double nipper. My sons just gone two. We had a bugaboo cam for him which we got second hand for £300. I wanted to get the bugaboo donkey but I tried Oscar in the seat and I couldn't even fasten the straps so don't want to waste my money. The out n about is less than £500 brand new with a carry cot! X

I've already got a few second hand bargains off Facebook sites but also been keeping my eye on friends who aren't having any more children to see what they are selling. Certain things I'm a bit picky with.
I got a mothercare spin, maxi cosi car seat & pram adaptors for £35 off a friend, brand new would be £400+!

I'm just amazed that they can cost that much new. It's mad! That's more than double what one of my cars cost me! Madness. No idea what I'm buying yet, I just don't remember it being that expensive 8 years ago lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"