Eve's 2021 Christmas Journal (I'm back!)

Eve

Reaction score
Hello ladies! I'm sneaking back in here for all the Christmas chats and gift ideas! ;)

We are totally unsure what Christmas 2021 will look like given the global pandemic still going on, but I want to make the most of it at least, regardless.

This weekend is thanksgiving here and we aren't allowed to have anyone over for dinner as our government announced yesterday that we have to keep to our single household bubble, even if we are fully vaccinated. I'm sad because all I usually have are my parents and aunt and uncle. Oddly, our restrictions that way are only from Friday at 6pm until Monday at 11:59pm. Not sure what good it will do but our numbers are higher than they've ever been so fingers crossed we get things under control before Christmastime.

Anyways, J has moved out so I am unsure where he can be or plans to be (hard to know with restrictions always changing) so I don't even know if he will come home for the holidays or not. He used to spend it with his dads family when he lived here... we shall see. He is 19 now and lately hasn't been into anything in particular. I plan to get him mostly gift cards and some clothing he may need.

K is turning 12 just after Christmas. She is into clothing right now so likely that will be the brunt of her gifts too. I miss the days where they liked toys lol it made them much easier to shop for.

The older they get, the less christmassy things seem to feel, especially where K hasn't believed in Santa for the last few years.

What are some things you plan to get your tweens/teens? Help a mama out here lol

List for K-

2 or 3 new hoodies (she loves hoodies)
Socks
undies lol
Roblox gift card
Apple gift card
New phone case
1 or 2 posters for her room
New bedding set and curtains
bath bombs
hair accessories

List for J-

2 or 3 new hoodies
Socks
underwear
grooming kit (nails/hair for men)
body wash and deodorant
Prepaid Mastercard gift card
Fast food gift cards for treats
Good winter hat
Sweets and other snack goodies

List for Mom-

So far, I have no idea

List for Dad-

Same mostly. I always get him a new stephen king book
after eight chocolates
Montreal Canadians mat for his garage
Possibly special ashtray for his garage (he smokes in there only)

Aunt-

Cherry chocolates (her fav)
gift card to a restaurant for her and my uncle together
nice soft socks
bath bomb

Uncle-

Lindor truffles (his fav)
gift card to a restaurant for him and my aunt together
mens whooly socks
a tall boy can of beer

Brother and sister in law- combined gift of something, maybe gift card to restaurant or something to do with chickens as they have like 12 and they're so cute! They love their chickens lol

We don't do much, if anything, for DH's side of the family. We don't see them often at all. I may do something small for his nieces and nephews if I can afford it, and if we see them.

I've really limited my contacts since covid-19 hit so my steady 20 bubble is pretty full with my daycare kids and immediate family.

Following! Wow I can't believe J has moved out and K is 12. How the time flies!

Following! Wow I can't believe J has moved out and K is 12. How the time flies!
I know right? I can't seem to wrap my head around it. My babies aren't babies anymore lol and haven't been for a while :haha:

Welcome back! I can't believe how grown your babies are though. Where have the years gone?

Reactions: Eve
Welcome back xx
Sorry to hear restrictions are affecting Thanksgiving. Hopefully they will relax for Christmas.

Wow kids so grown up, I'm not sure I'm ready for that. Great lists though. My 9 year old would love your DDs lists

Reactions: Eve
Welcome back! I can't believe how grown your babies are though. Where have the years gone?

They go too darn quick but I do enjoy some freedom again once in a while.

Welcome back xx
Sorry to hear restrictions are affecting Thanksgiving. Hopefully they will relax for Christmas.

Wow kids so grown up, I'm not sure I'm ready for that. Great lists though. My 9 year old would love your DDs lists

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks! I find it a hard age but she's a pretty simple girl to please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->