Evidence based research (VBAC)

Sunflowers

Reaction score
I'm trying to find lots of research about vbac - specifically regarding continuous monitoring (I don't want it), waterbirths (I want one, not "allowed" in vbacs) and when the mother is having a vbac close after a previous section (there will only be 14 months between dd2 and #3!)

All the research i can find on VBAC websites though seems to be very old - 1995-2000. 10 year old research I can just about take in at an absolute push but if I want someone to listen to what I'm saying then the research I'm giving them needs to have been done within the last 5 years..

Would anyone know of any that I can have a mooch through? Also any interesting bits on hypnobirthing would be appreciated too!

Thank you x

are you in the uk?

i'm booked in for a vbac water birth in april, well when i say booked in they cant garuantee the pool but thats my aim
when i get the hosp i will have blood taken, and have an hour on the monitor to get a base reading, then i am allowed free will in and out the pool as i wish,
they are getting a monitor for under water and mobile monitoring, but she doesnt think it'll b available before april, but they will listen in when they want, i dont mind this as i probably wont notice anyway
x

Have you joined the Yahoo VBAC group? It's called - ukvbachbac at groups.yahoo.com

Also caesareanbirth.org.uk have some info.

Helen - yes I am.. And all the best with your birth, sounds like you've got some supportive practitioners there!

SJ - no, I haven't yet.. I did look on the website you mention but, again, all the research was quite old..

I'm checking out some natal hypnotherapy cds- and there is a cd to prepare vbac.
https://www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk/8.html

see if there is something for you there.

I would be really interested in anything you find - there will be fifteen months between my little ones and I am also hoping for a VBAC.
Kx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->