ewcm 4-5 after ov? a bit confused...

vkj73

Reaction score
warning- - -tmi ahead:

i just checked my cm and it is egg-white like, however it is white.

i believe i ovulated on the 22nd so i'm about 5 days past now.

what is the difference between clear-egg-white cm and white-egg-white cm?

i've read that when it's clear and sticky you're fertile, ready to go.

i'm not sure what this means.

any advice is welcome :coffee:
:dust:

this happened to me this month and i was blown away. usually every month i will get quite a bit but around the time (or so i thought) i ovulated, i got ewcm but not that much...but then at 4 DPO i got alot after getting swabs take from the doctor who also took swabs from inside my cervix.

so believe me..im just as confused as you...i dont know if im 6 DPO or if im 1 DPO:dohh:

Well, according to FF, you can have ewcm (clear or white) even after O. That's why I temp & OPK because it's hard to tell.

This just happened to me today! I am 5dpo and I wiped and there was the ewcm!!! I am like "oh no! Am I barely ovulating??" I got positive OPK's last week so now I am really confused!

Hmmm glad you posted this! I'm 1 or 2 dpo, according to OPK's (+ on tuesday, now it's thursday) and just now I wiped and bam! EWCM! I was like "ummm what?"

ah ha, after a quick google search, i found this:

MEMBER QUESTION:
I noticed that I have some egg white cervical mucus around 7 or 8 DPO. Is this a sign that I have low progesterone?

DR. AMOS:
EWCM comes from an estrogen increase. That usually happens several days prior to ovulation. But it also happens about a week after ovulation. So seeing EWCM again at that time is not unusual.

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=53729

MEMBER QUESTION:
I noticed that I have some egg white cervical mucus around 7 or 8 DPO. Is this a sign that I have low progesterone?

DR. AMOS:
EWCM comes from an estrogen increase. That usually happens several days prior to ovulation. But it also happens about a week after ovulation. So seeing EWCM again at that time is not unusual.

i know that a little ewcm is common later in your cycle...i sometimes get it a week before af or sometimes a little closer to it...but what i got was ALOT!! and the time that i thought i was ovulating..i didnt get all that much...only when i went inside to check...so thats what makes me curious as to when i ovulated now. I think if im not pregnant this cycle, im going to use opks next month to avoid this confusing..

MEMBER QUESTION:

DR. AMOS:

i know that a little ewcm is common later in your cycle...i sometimes get it a week before af or sometimes a little closer to it...but what i got was ALOT!! and the time that i thought i was ovulating..i didnt get all that much...only when i went inside to check...so thats what makes me curious as to when i ovulated now. I think if im not pregnant this cycle, im going to use opks next month to avoid this confusing..

Good idea, although OPK's can be confusing too! UGH!
Do you temp?
I don't anymore because i never ovulated but i might start next cycle since I o'd this cycle!

i just started temping the other day. i know its a little late in this cycle to predict ovulation but i'll be able to see if theres a dip later in my cycle or not and it will get me in the hang of it for the beginning of the next if heaven forbid im not pregnant this month :p

oh that would be fantastic!!! im not going to lie...im pretty exhausted from it...would love to just start experiencing the miracle of having a baby growing inside =)

thank you all for the posts. good to know the ewcm isn't unusual (hopefully).
i actually got a positive on the optk on friday (roughly cd14).
i haven't been temping. tried that a long time ago and found i didn't have the discipline for it. hopefully i won't need to go that route again...if you know what i mean. sticky bean.

what's weird is now i have a pretty bad headache. i get them from time-to-time, but this one is kinda intense. another thing i haven't been charting.

thanks again girls. happy you're all here:flower:

p.s. i read that tylenol is better for headaches vs. advil when ttc.:coffee:

okay, now it's about 6dpo. the cm this morning was a creamy-white color?

thoughts? other than this is tmi:blush:

that typical cm after O...that how mine is today...except i just checked and its EXTREMELY thick! holy cow..it reminds me of tiny bits of wet paper...and it was up by my cevix :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->