EWCM affected by BD?

bump.on.brain

Reaction score
During the 6 months that DH and I waited to try I had EWCM for a few days around CD12-14 every month. And although I didn't track the days I know I've had EWCM every month for a long time before that...

But this month, we're TTC and my EWCM appears to have totally disappeared. I'm on the PM of CD13 now, don't think ovulation is delayed as my cervix position seems right but EWCM is nowhere to be seen. Instead I have a lot of watery fluid. I've heard that this is still considered fertile but not as good as EWCM. Is that true?

I don't understand where EWCM has gone all of a sudden! Could it be affected by BD? Has this happened to anyone else?!

Yes this drove me crazy!!! I always had good ewcm right up until we started trying, I have no idea why though! I ended up taking all sorts of supplements to help bring it back, but it really only ever stayed watery. I always wondered if it was bding making it seem like it had disappeared...
The month I wasn’t really bothered about ttc and had kind of given up waiting to start clomid my ewcm came back with a vengeance so we thought what the heck we’ll try...and that was the month I got my bfp.

Part of me thinks that every month maybe we shouldn’t have bd at all until I saw good ewcm, but who knows!

Congratulations on your BFP!!

Your story sounds very similar to mine - so maybe it is that either too much BD or even too much worrying about it is affecting it. I'm not temping or using OPKs so was reluctant to wait too long to BD with not being 100% sure when I ovulate, but do think I started too early this month! I'm not feeling positive about this cycle with no EWCM and BDing too early so think I will wait a bit later next month and hope that it comes back!

Yeh it’s really hard, I wasn’t temping and I did end up using opks but it got so stressful we ended up just bding quite a lot when my cm was watery and sometimes I never got ewcm. I think we often started too early! I ended up with quite irregular cycles so it was hard trying to wait it out in the month to see if I had any ewcm as I’d convince myself we would miss it altogether. Good luck, hope you see your bfp soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->