EWCM and period-like cramping 2 DPO

LBAY

Reaction score
Hi all! I am new to this board. I am trying for a second. First time DH and I got pregnant on our first try without charting etc, but that was five years ago, so I don't remember all the details of early pregnancy. (I do remember I just "knew" before testing... But still I think it was later than 2 DPO!)

This time I charted and am 99% sure I ovulated Tuesday, specifically around 1 or 2 pm, as CM was at peak and I felt slight cramping. CM then returned to a small amount, creamy thicker white texture typical for post ovulation. I have always had a textbook 28 day cycle (except for when I had IUD--paraguard--which i had removed earlier this month). I am extremely in tune with my body and slight changes.

I promised myself I would not get obsessive about TTC this time..... Until this morning when I noticed and overabundance of CM. Its white, and coming out in globs and is very stringy, elastic. Very, very wet down there all day. Then this afternoon....period like cramps, which intensified through out the day and no less than 5 BM (bowel movements). And of course now it's all I can think about. I never get mid month cramps like this. Ever. Thought it was waaaaaaaay too soon for early pregnancy symptoms, but after searching online, found lots of women with same symptoms 2 and 3 DPO.

Wondering if others have had these symptoms so early on and whether they wound up being pregnant or not. Still a lot of days left before I can test!

It's very early if they are pregnancy symptoms! But I guess anything is possible? Normally implantation doesn't occur until 6dpo onwards.

Good luck! :flower:

Yes I know, ridiculously early. Wouldn't have thought twice if symptoms weren't so inconsistent with my norm.

You have only just had your IUD removed though. This could be why you're experiencing something different to usual?

I know my body so well, the IUD removal is the only thing really giving me pause. Could be that...but I've been textbook all month with my charting and the IUD wasn't hormonal. It was the copper one...supposed to be able to conceive immediately.

Hi. More BM's is very normal after O and around period time. It is the prostaglandins.

However, I had a lot of EWCM after O this month as well and was wondering if it was a sign of conception. I am 12 dpo...technically 13 dpo as it is 3:30 in the morning. I got a BFN on 10 and 11 dpo. Still have some hope though.

Wishing you good luck and please, don't begin to obsess until at the earliest 9 dpo. You will drive yourself insane!

ready4number1 please let us know how it turns out! Best of luck!

I will definitely update you. AF is due tomorrow. If I don't feel free to bump the thread to remind me! lol Good luck to you

Well, I cave in and tested 13 dpo. BFN. Looks like I am out. AF due tomorrow. I have had what I thought were good symptoms.

Good luck to you this month dear!

Ok, so I never charted last time, but I just had a stroke of genius and decided to go back through my gmail chats (circa 2009) to see if I mentioned anything to my sister.

Lo and behold, at 4 dpo I mention period like cramps I'd been having for several days--which I never get mid cycle. I didn't get a faint positive on HPT until 12 dpo, but essentially I had the same symptoms I'm having now and I was in fact pregnant. If 12 dpo is my testing baseline I have another 9 days to go...

But needless to say (and not wanting to jinx myself), I'm feeling good about this month!

Ok, so I never charted last time, but I just had a stroke of genius and decided to go back through my gmail chats (circa 2009) to see if I mentioned anything to my sister.

Lo and behold, at 4 dpo I mention period like cramps I'd been having for several days--which I never get mid cycle. I didn't get a faint positive on HPT until 12 dpo, but essentially I had the same symptoms I'm having now and I was in fact pregnant. If 12 dpo is my testing baseline I have another 9 days to go...

But needless to say (and not wanting to jinx myself), I'm feeling good about this month!

That is so great to hear! I did the same thing, looked back on previous months. Sure hope you get your BFP soon. And even if you don't on 12 dpo you still have time.

As for me, AF has not come yet. Due today. Instead I got thick white CM. No smell. Just sticky. I had some more a few minutes ago and I am slightly irritated. It looks somewhat like yeast infection CM. Still holding out a little hope because plenty of women don't get a BFP until after they miss there periods.

I wanted to update this thread for anyone else who may read it later, who may have similar symptoms. Also, because I figured out what's going on and wanted to warn others. I apologize up front for the length.

As of today, I am approx. 15 dpo and still BFNs. AF is due today, but nothing yet. I was absolutely sure I was pregnant--based on knowing my body EXTREMELY well and having the EXACT same early symptoms with my first pregnancy. Now I am convinced I am not, even though AF has not showed yet. Here is why: I had my IUD (paragard) removed last month. Initially I did not think this was a big deal, but apparently it is. And apparently the first month symptoms of paragard removal can mimic early pregnancy. Strange, but that's what I found....

Originally I was told that you can get pregnant immediately after having it removed. I did not question this, because I heard it so regularly and the copper IUD, the one I had, has no hormones, so it made sense to me. Now I am learning that is not necessarily the case.

What I have since found is that while in, the IUD thins the uterine lining. After having it removed, it can take months (somewhere in the range of 1-3 from what I gather) for it to become normal again. The thin uterine lining not only can make it initially difficult to conceive, but even if you do there is apparently a greater chance of miscarriage during this time. And, here is something else: When I searched with this in mind and different key words, I found a ton of women experiencing exactly what I experienced: knowing without a shadow of a doubt they were pregnant the month after having Paragard removed, only to find out they were not. Most of the women I read about on forums, etc., seemed to get a BFP within a few months, so it does not appear to be a long term problem.

I am incredibly frustrated. My husband was deployed for months and I only got my IUD out a few weeks before he was set to return. Had I known this information, I could have had it removed months earlier without it affecting our plans to conceive. Now our ideal timeline is screwed with and I feel like this all could have been avoided had I had more information initially. That's what frustrates me the most.

I hope this post helps someone else in a similar situation. Please know that the copper IUD, paragard, CAN mess with your fertility -- at least initially after removal. Also, side note, but something else I wish I knew: I got my IUD in while I was still breastfeeding and hadn't lost much weight yet, and did not lose a pound in the nearly 5 years I had it in. This is despite EXTENSIVE measures including seeing several doctors, going through extensive thyroid screenings, doing high impact kickboxing five times a week, weight watchers, prescription weight loss drugs and even some really crazy crash diets. After all this, I just became totally discouraged and gave up.

After having paragard removed, I immediately started to lose weight (4 lbs first week without trying). They say the copper IUD does not make you gain weight -- maybe that is true, but it certainly prevented me from losing A POUND in the five years I had it in. A google search again comes up with loads of women who've experienced the same thing. I only wish I realized what was happening sooner. My advice is if you want to get an IUD put in, wait until you have lost your baby weight! And if you have one in and want to conceive--take it out well before you're ready to officially start ttc.

Best of luck and baby dust to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->