ewcm but negative opk

Cookie1979

Reaction score
So frustrating!!! I have ewcm but my opks aren't getting darker...I thought it was earlier but just done one now and it's lighter...could be my watered down wee though due to the diet I'm on. Just getting frustrated now, I've been getting ewcm on and off since Friday and had more than ever today, I guess my body is gearing up, or hopefully is. How many days of ewcm do people get before a positive opk?

It depends on the cycle, some cycles I could get EWCM 3-4 days before ovulation but it's usually 1-2 days before and day of. I'd take this as a very positive sign and BD! Never mind the opks, you're most likely fertile :)
Good luck!

U can get EWCM up to a week b4 u actually O. Also when doing OPK's it's best to hold ur pee for a good 2 hours with limiting fluid intake. R u testing twice a day?

I've never had a positive opk and one month I took a test every day from cd 8 and no positive- but docs confirmed my ovulation through a blood test! So either they don't work for me or I was missing my window and mayb produce less of the lh hormone or smth!!

Also a sure sign for me is when I'm feeling extra horny!! Lol! Remember this from my first pregnancy!

Thanks for the replies. I'm testing twice a day at the moment, although 3 times today because I'm obsessed!! Lol This is only my 2nd cycle ttc so it's all fairly new to me and only learnt about checking cm a couple of days before I got a positive opk last cycle.

Will make sure we bd lots while my cm is fertile, it's very watery aswell which I assume is a good sign.

Thanks ladies xxx

Yes watery CM is a good sign as not every lady will get the typical stretchy CM

Thanks for the replies. I'm testing twice a day at the moment, although 3 times today because I'm obsessed!! Lol This is only my 2nd cycle ttc so it's all fairly new to me and only learnt about checking cm a couple of days before I got a positive opk last cycle.

Will make sure we bd lots while my cm is fertile, it's very watery aswell which I assume is a good sign.

Thanks ladies xxx

I was testing three times a day too!!!! i got my first ever CLOSE to positive on Friday! I (todays monday) and i had been getting ovulation pain (i think) on my left side! I also had a bit of CM (i've never really monitored this all that much so i cant say if it was ewcm or what! but i was wet (TMI!!!)) anyhow didnt get a chance to test at all saturday (busy on the farm chasing cows with my partner!!) BUT did test sunday afternoon and it was totally 100% negative! I am seriously hoping i ovulated saturday or sunday! i'm actually wondering if i got a positive test on saturday (lets pretned i tested and it was positive!) when do i actually then ovulate?! I am struggling to pin down this infromation!

Thanks mummytoangels xxx

Ellarose - you would assume ovulation happens the day after the positive opk, so let's say you got your positive opk Saturday, you'd assume ovulation was Sunday and you'd be 1 dpo on Monday.

Starting to think I should be when I have ewcm and not worry about opks because it's stressful!!!

Xx

I got EWCM about 3 days before my +OPK. By then CM was watery.

Thanks Nina just did a opk (I know you aren't supposed to use an early wee but I was impatient) and its almost positive, only very slightly lighter than the control line so hopefully when I do another this afternoon it will be positive. Xx

fingers crossed its positive soon. i have ewcm for 3/4 days before positive opk

Still no positive yet, I did one a while ago and its around the same colour, definitely no darker, I'll try again this evening, hopefully the surge will happen soon! Least Im hoping it actually does happen...I was nice and relaxed til I started using opks. Tempted to throw them and see how I get on with just dtd lots while I have ewcm, can do without the stress. I get so paranoid and worry that Im not ovulating.

Are you using ICs cookie? I found they never worked with me. I also gave up opks this cycle and feel much less stressed just DTD when I felt ov pain and saw ewcm. Hopefully I've caught the egg this month!

Honestly, I started ttc with temping, charting and using opks. I've since given all that up. I wonder if that makes me more ntnp? Anyway, if you find opks are stressing you then absolutely give them up. My doctor advises against them actually. Good luck this cycle!

Redlemonade - I bet that has taken alot of the stress out of ttc!! Very tempted to give up the opks, I'm such an obsessive person. Last cycle I got a positive, was pretty stress free in fact, this cycle I'm getting ewcm (increasing daily although just checked again and there is less but still very watery), pain on my right side yesterday (I'm sure I had pain on my left side last cycle) and opks are darker (didn't have a second line at all a few days ago) so there is some improvement but it's definitely not positive!!! My cycles are unpredictable due to my pcos, never know how long it's going to be. Might just give up opks, keep baby dancing while I have watery/ewcm and hope for the best. Might have no choice I'm running out of opks...I'm obsessed with testing it's not good.

Oh I can be obsessive enough, even without the opks and temping and whatnot! I definitely prefer not temping and using opks because using them means I'm thinking about babies at least a couple of times a day. I mean I'm still thinking of babies but at least it's a lot less. I think it's important to not dwell on babies too much!

Given that you've got ov pain and fertile cm, I would say you're fertile and possibly ovulating right now. It's possible the opks just aren't picking up the hormones! This may be particularly the case with pcos! Best of luck - I hope it's a BFP month for us both!!

Thanks redlemonade - yeh maybe, just want a nice positive opk to confirm it. Will try again tomorrow and if the line is lighter might have to assume it was ovulation and see when af arrives. Thanks And good luck with ttc. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->